Know any online conga sound clips? - sound clips

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby rhumbajo » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:26 pm

Hi, I'm quite new to this forum and have learned so much in just a few days.

Was wondering if anyone knows of any online .mp3's or sound clips of conga playing, whether it be drum demos, instruction, or other?

I am poor at current and cannot afford to buy a drum or video, but hearing something online would be great inspiration :cool: .

Thanks in advance.
-r
As long as I have my family, my music, and popcorn... life is good. <c:
rhumbajo

Postby mangorockfish » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:03 pm

I'm new here also, but let me be the first to welcome you my friend. I can't help you with the sounds, but can assure you that you will never come to this forum and leave without learning something. These cats are very, very knowledgable, and there is never any BS about there answers. Again welcome.
mangorockfish

Postby yoni » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:03 pm

Welcome rhumbajo!

Johnny Conga has some great sound clips of his conga playing right here on this forum - click on "view and join" under the "Community" heading on the left side of the home page.

There you'll see a list of members - click on their names and some of them have MP3 sound clips on their "mini-web pages". I also have a couple of my own conga tracks there, under Yonatan Bar Rashi.

Edited By yoni on 1076007838
yoni

Postby rhumbajo » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:44 pm

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome.

I checked a few sound clips here and on conga mfr's sites.... wow, there are some smoking players out there!!!!

I can't wait to get my first conga and just learn a smooth groovy cha cha or something. Meanwhile the rest of you guys are playing furiously hot like Mozart on the piano. Sheesh!!!!

??? :)

Edited By rhumbajo on 1076107552
As long as I have my family, my music, and popcorn... life is good. <c:
rhumbajo

Return to Open Discussion