New Member Here

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby Riff_Raff_81 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:06 pm

Hello guys/girls. I just found this forum today. Seems really imformative and looks like a nice place to hang out. Just wanted to say hi.
Riff_Raff_81

Postby Johnny Conga » Fri Mar 26, 2004 5:05 pm

Well let me be the first to "WELCOME" you to our family here at CongaPlace, one of the most informative sites on the internet. You can check out past posts for information also. Where do you live and how long have you been playing the drum?...At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA...

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... in_up_.jpg
Johnny Conga

Postby druminator » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:30 am

Hey people,
Just wanted to say hi .I've been playing drumkit for 25 yrs. and congas for about 4 or 5 yrs. off and on.Lately I have been incorporating congas with the drumkit ,playing accents with my left hand - playing simple 2 & 4 on the kit with right hand and feet. Anybody trying this?It works to a degree if you are looking to give the audience something they haven't seen.
If it doesn't feel good,it won't sound good.
druminator

Postby zaragemca » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:14 pm

My experience have been playing Timbales and Congas at the same time(becouse they didn't have the Conga player),and using the left-hand for the Timbales-breaks and then switching back to the Congas,but keeping the cascareo ,or the Bell pattern when playing the Congas.There are some percussionists which have been playing the drum-Set and keeping a simple beat on electronic Congas(Cumbias).It all depends on the level of independency and the sophistication of the rhythms.

Edited By zaragemca on 1080408008
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby Johnny Conga » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:56 pm

Walfredo De Los Reyes,Sr. was one of the first to use trap set/congas in his playing. Congas in the left and and drum set in the right. I have seen him do it, it's a trip to see the seperation of his playing. ...JC JOHNNY CONGA...
Johnny Conga

Postby zaragemca » Sat Mar 27, 2004 7:25 pm

Walfrido was one of the first to set up everything together Timbales-Congas-Drum-Set back in the 50's,I have played with that set-up,but the Conga-Timbales were at some distance from the Drum-Set.
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Return to Open Discussion