Long John Oliva died - This Hard Cuban music will be missed

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby muddy323 » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:20 pm

June 23, 2004 Long John Oliva
Dear Friends, Family and Fans,
I am very saddened to say that my loving husband, companion and best friend Long John "Penalty" has passed away. He died of a heart attack in our home on Monday June 21st, at around 3AM.
Long John was a very loving, giving and supportive companion of mine and dear father and major influence to his children; Rachel, Nanichi, Juan Enrique and Christian Arturo "Turi". He was also very fortunate enough to communicate with his children in Cuba, during his last days. Please join us for our last goodbyes to a very special "shining star". His Spirit lives on forever.

Benefit for Long John at El Floridita's in Hollywood - Tonight

1253 Vine St, Los Angeles, CA 90038: (323) 871-8612
Perico Hernandez; his lovely wife Rebecca and many musicians will be having a benefit tonight at El Floridita's Restaurant, in honor of Long John and to raise money to help assist with the costs of Long John's proper farewell.
Everybody is welcome to participate. Moises Valle will also be there assisting Perico and Rebecca by selling Long John's cds.

Funeraria Mirabal Mortuary - Sunday June 27 at 9AM

4677 E. Gage Avenue, Bell, CA 90201: (323) 560-2216
We will be having Church Services for Long John at Funeraria Los Angeles Mirabal Mortuary on Sunday, June 28th at 9AM - 11AM.
All Friends; Family and Aquaintances are welcome to join us for these last moments.

Forest Lawn - Hollywood Hills - Monday June 28, 2004 - 2PM

6300 Forest Lawn Drive - L.A., CA 90068: (323) 769-7307
Graveside Services for Long John will be held at Forest Lawn in the Hollywood Hills on Monday June 28th at 2PM, where he will be buried near his Mother, "Ana Esther Sanchez".
The location of the property where he will be buried is in the Guardian area, lot 5014 space 1. If you need further assistance in finding the location, please drive up and ask the information booth at Forest Lawn for a map & directions. All Friends; Family and Aquaintances are welcomed.

For More Info: Contact PJ's Mom at Peggy Rodriguez (323)257-2117: For Donations please contact Moises Valle at (323)363-0114

email: longjohn@lucumiyque.com
web: http://www.lucumiyque.com Join our mailing
muddy323

Postby Simon B » Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:44 pm

My full respects and condolences. I've only recently been introduced to his beautiful music. May it live on.

Simon B
Simon B

Return to Open Discussion