Lincoln Center Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby tamboricua » Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:44 pm

Hi Congaforum,

Hope all is well! Last night I did have the opportunity to check out the Lincoln Center Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra under the musical direction of Arturo O'Farill. Talking about swing! They were in town as part of their Mambo Madness tour. The repertoire last night consisted mostly of classic charts from the music books of Machito and his Afrocubans, Tito Puente Orchestra, Dizzy Gillespie, Mario Bauza, and Chico O'Farill.

Got the opportunity to briefly met the legendary Milton Cardona who played tumbadoras last night. Very nice cat! He kindly autographed my copy of his Bembé album.

If you have the chance to see this orchestra live don't miss it, won't be dissapointed!

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

Edited By tamboricua on 1095530967
tamboricua

Postby franc » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:33 am

jorge
hope all is well . tell me what is the name of milton cardonas' bembe album?? always take care, my friend!!!!! franc :)
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby tamboricua » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:23 pm

Hola Franc,

Milton's album is titled Bembé. Available on CD in the American Clave label AMCL1004.

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

Edited By tamboricua on 1095947154
tamboricua

Postby franc » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:57 pm

jorge
thank you. i will look for it. also what is your opinion on ''cachaos' new album. have you heard it?? i don't recall the title as this time, sorry to say!! :\. my best to you!!:), your friend, franc
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby tamboricua » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:16 pm

franc wrote:jorge
thank you. i will look for it. also what is your opinion on ''cachaos' new album. have you heard it?? i don't recall the title as this time, sorry to say!! :\. my best to you!!:), your friend, franc

No problem Franc,

A la orden! I haven't heard Cachao's new one "Ahora Sí". I believe it comes with a DVD recording of the actual recording sessions. I think Orestes Vilató plays timbal on it.

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Return to Open Discussion