It's Been Awhile - New Inspiration

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby mangorockfish » Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:41 am

Hello my fellow Conga Brothers & Sisters. It's been awhile since I've been around. I had a really bad problem with my right index finger, like a callous below the first joint and it was a bear. Could hardly bend my finger. During this healing time which has been a very long time it seems, I have been working on drum set and kinda strayed away from you guys. Well things are better now and I checked on the forum tonight and WOW what inspiration I have now from reading all the new and different posts. It is like coming back HOME after a long trip. Thanks,
Mangorockfish
:D
mangorockfish

Postby ABAKUA » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:05 am

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery! :)
Always a shame when injurys prevent you from achieving your best or even stop you from playing. :(

Im still a newb here so I dont know of you, what do you play? ie genre and whats your set up?

Marcelo.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby mangorockfish » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:22 am

I'm still learning. I pull the congas out once in a great while to play a couple of tunes with my band on the more simple stuff. I have the Meinl Pro series: Quinto, conga, and tumba.
I mainly am a set player and just recently got a Cocktail Kit that I use on our acoustic gigs. We play all original roots rock or Americana music. It's like country rock with a touch of bluegrass thrown in. Check us out at: Lookback Marys blog spot. :D
mangorockfish

Return to Open Discussion