Album to get - Eva Ayllon

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby Ivan » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:53 pm

Hola Todos,

Just thought I would drop a line to recommend a CD for all you drum brothas and sistas to check out... Any album by Eva Ayllon an afro-peruvian artist. The latest album out is with Alex Acuna on Cajon called "Eva! Leyenda Peruana"

You'll enjoy it - gauranteed! Not too many people know much about the South American side of music (exception to Brazil of course) here in the NW. Not sure if any of you really explored this type of music - from Columbia, Peru, Chile, Argentina... The african influence hits these areas as well... It's a beutiful thing to spot it when listening to this type of music.
Another group to check is called Peru Negro. Marta Gomez is a columbian artist now located in the US doing Jazz with folkloric influences is another must listen to... Inti-Illimani an old school Nueva Cancion group out of Chile another good listen...

A list of rhythms from Peru are Lando, Festejo (a beautiful dance BTW), tondero, vals (waltz),zamba queca and more!

I hope you enjoy this music as much as I do... If you buy it or check it out let me know your thoughts as well.

Paz,

Ivan
Ilu Ache,
Ivan
Ivan

Postby Tamborim » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:17 pm

My respects.

Thankyou. I am always trying to find new music.
I will be sure to find it.

Have a great new year.
Tamborim

Return to Open Discussion