Mozambique

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby dvon » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:10 am

Hey guys.

Reading in old interview with Changuito (http://www.descarga.com/cgi-bin/db/arch ... mCGr3;;213)
I was wondering where could I listen to some mozambique patterns.

My teacher showed my the basic pattern a couple of months ago, but I usually don't practice it 'cause I don't have any records with it.

Can anyone tell me something about this? Also, can anyone tell me something about its history (maybe Zaragemca?)? In the interview Roberto Carcasses mentions it as an outstanding breakthrough.

Thanks!
dvon

Postby zaragemca » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:43 am

Saludos Dvon I mentioned Pedro'El Afrocan' in my article,the background is in the Batamu(Obdulio Morales),and Batanga,(Bebo Valdez),within that configuration of percussion pattern,he created the Mozambique,it is in relation to a call and answers from two lines of percussionists with reinforcement of the Bonbos,bells and repetitive horns riffs.He went to Europa and Africa setting a fire which last for a few years.I did talk to'Nico'(pello's lead congero),which where around Los Sitios several times with his motorcycles,he died in an accident and in his funeral they played the song,'Maria Caracoles'(which was his wishes).

Edited By zaragemca on 1105405162
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby dvon » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:22 am

Zaragemca,

Thanks a lot for the historical facts! Very interesting stuff. :D

Sorry, but I don't remember where I can find your article. Can you give me any info on that?

Thanks again!
Good Luck!
dvon

Postby zaragemca » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:07 pm

I was making reference to the article(zaragemca's bongos,congas,timbales,and bata),which is in this forum.
International Club of Percussionists
zaragemca

Postby dvon » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:07 pm

Zaragemca,

I thought you were, but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks again!!
dvon

Return to Open Discussion