Site's up!

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby CongaTick » Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:37 pm

Hey dear forummers,

Our band, The Blank Trio, has its site up and running and would invite you to have a look and listen, especially in the videos section. Check out "Covered with Monkeys". I know it ain't latin-- which is what I'd love to play-- but I think the mix of guitar/base and percussion works pretty well for these originals.

http://www.blanktrio.com/

Thanks,

CongaTick
CongaTick

Postby Tonio » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:26 am

Nice site Congatick!! Video stream is cool. so who is the conguero? Mucho bueno for an elder-with what you huys are jammin. cool tunes man.

T

Edited By Tonio on 1105327603
Tonio

Postby CongaTick » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:54 pm

Thanks Tonio for the kind words.
Yep, that's me on tumbadoras. We just started playing together in July. 90% originals by our fearless leader, Law Blank. Very eclectic trio. Law's in his early 30's, our bass player is just 16, and I'm the ol' fart. Our unusual sound has gotten us a lot of local buzz and we are booked solid for the next couple months. Glad you enjoyed. Hope others stream some of our video and songs at

http://www.blanktrio.com

CongaTick
CongaTick

Postby Tonio » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:12 am

cool Congatick, BTW what are you playin?(brand) Couldn't really tell with the video.

You have a flowing style(if that makes sense).

T
Tonio

Postby CongaTick » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:12 pm

SamAsh LP Ardiente conga and quinto. All I could afford, but solidly built Siam oak shells. Just replaced the standard LP buffalo with Isaac's Funky Tradition pre-mounted medium thick muleskin heads. (BTW, the mules kick butt. They pop and snap way better than the buffalo, and their surface is creamy smooth on my hands. If your hands are conditioned, and you can get them , get them.) Tumba is an LP fiberglass 12 3/4", part of an ancient set purchased back in the 70's with a new LP buffalo on it, tuned low and loose to give bass notes resonant bottom. Part of the setup not shown are stand-mounted Aspire bongos which I play, going from congas to bongos and back during some of our numbers.

My style is adjusted to complement the music, which is a unique blend of original (and some covers done our way) material. I am used to more Latin-based work, but the hookup with this very cool gringo crew is where the gigging opportunities are for me in this locale.
CongaTick

Postby Tonio » Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:14 am

Cool CT, I'm envious that you can keep going!! yeah I'll probably never stop playing too.

Keep at it, and let us know on your endevours.

T
Tonio

Postby CongaTick » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:22 pm

Once the drums hook into your soul, they never let go. You can stop practicing and playing, but somewhere deep inside, they're always there waiting for you.

The drums are a never-ending mystery and joy, and no matter how long I've been playing, they welcome me with love every day I sit down behind them. Like me, you will never stop. Thanks Tonio, for taking the time to respond to my post.

Ol'fart CongaTick
CongaTick

Postby Dont Have A Cow » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:42 pm

I just noticed you played in Glen Mills so you must be local to me (Philly). I would like to see you play but your site does not have the gig section up yet. You said you are booked for the next few months...any public gigs?
Dont Have A Cow

Postby CongaTick » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:27 pm

Hey Donhaveacow,

Site will be updated, but next local public gig will be at America's Bar and Grill on Feb 11, from 9P-1A. They're on Route 1, in the Brinton Lakes Center. Hope you drop in and say hello.

CongaTick
CongaTick

Return to Open Discussion