Conga Stands - Conga Stands

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby Ivan » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:03 pm

Hey Borthas and Sistas,
I am looking to purchase 3 conga stands. I have the classic LP editions Tumba, Conga and Quinto. I would prefer single stands for each conga not the one LP sells for all three on one. The stands would have to be convertable to a sitting style of playing.

Please let me know if you have anything sitting around that you want to get rid of. Even better, you could point in the right direction.

Thanks for your time.

Ivan
Ilu Ache,
Ivan
Ivan

Postby mangorockfish » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:42 am

Hey Ivan, I have the Gibralter stands, the big round ones for each of my drums, but they are for standing. I like them, but usually play sitting with the drums fitted with the little LP rubber feet sitting on the floor.
mangorockfish

Postby Tonio » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:08 am

Ivan,
I hacked some old meinl ? I think. I basically cut the legs off to make them usable for sitting. They aren't the best, but something to think about. Just be sure to be exact on where you cut them. If you can find some.
Actually I think you can use the regular LP single ones, and take of the leg extensions off. but you would need to get some rubber feet. They used to have them , don't know if they still do or not. It would be kinda bulky though.

T

Edited By Tonio on 1106104149
Tonio

Postby goodmosconi » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:55 am

Hey,

I made myself some really cool conga stands for sitting down just last weekend. If you have access to saws and are willing to put a little time into this idea, they can turn out really nice.

I bought a 6ft 1x12 inch piece of Pine. Four 2ft 2x2 pieces of Poplar and made these very functional stands for playing while seated.

and I also made one for my Djembe to bring it's height up to my congas.

goodmosconi

Postby Ivan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:27 pm

Thanks Guys, I just found some for pretty cheap at www.rhythmtraders.com, the same exact thing LP sales for $120.00, for $35.00!

I ordered one, just to make sure I am not seeing things. If it works out I'll order the rest and let you all know about it!

josh? or Good Mosconi... Great invention, bro. I can dig it.

Ivan
Ilu Ache,
Ivan
Ivan

Return to Open Discussion