Recent passing! - Lázaro Ros and Pancho Quinto

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby tamboricua » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:09 pm

Hi Congaplace,

I don't know if you guys were aware, but last week the Afrocuban community suffered the lost of two of his most legendary exponents: Akpwón Lázaro Ros, and percussionist Pancho Quinto. Certainly both will be dearly missed by all!

Ibaé Bayé T'orún!

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio

Edited By tamboricua on 1109096976
tamboricua

Postby ralph » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:22 pm

most definitely. Pancho was ahead of his time, by eons, things he was doing was truly revolutionary, as well as the innovations being done by Lazaro as well. They will live on in recording, im am just upset that more work was not recorded (that we know of) of Pancho Quinto. Hopefully his followers and students will continue his line of innovation.
que descansen en paz.
Rafael
ralph

Postby franc » Tue Feb 22, 2005 7:58 pm

jorge,
hope all is well!! please tell a bit more of this legendary percussionist ''pacho and lazaro ros'' sorry for the lack of knowledge about this two greats. did they did recording?? and so on...:( will appreciate your insight. thanks and my best!! tu pana, franc. also tell me the meaning of Ibaé Bayé T'orun?? aché!!!
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby tamboricua » Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:20 pm

franc wrote:jorge,
hope all is well!! please tell a bit more of this legendary percussionist ''pacho and lazaro ros'' sorry for the lack of knowledge about this two greats. did they did recording?? and so on...:( will appreciate your insight. thanks and my best!! tu pana, franc. also tell me the meaning of Ibaé Bayé T'orun?? aché!!!

Hi Franc,

Here are some links for you to check out on some background info on the lates Lázaro Ros, and Pancho Quinto.

http://www.afrocubaweb.com/lros.htm

http://www.afrocubaweb.com/quinto.htm

Ibaé Bayé T'orún means "Rest in Peace".

Saludos,

Jorge Ginorio
tamboricua

Postby franc » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:10 am

jorge,
likje always!!! do can on you!! thanks a lot. i will check it out. my best. tu pana, franc:)
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Return to Open Discussion