Loop Software instead of Drummers

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby yoni » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:15 pm

Hi Diceman,

That problem HAS happened to me, but not for a long time. It may happen again as well, who knows? I don't dis set drummers on the whole either - I'm also a set drummer in about half my gigs these days. I try to keep volume dynamic and bearable for myself and other players.

And of course much worse can happen to us musicians than falling into a bad feeling or "bang war" with an over-loud set drummer... like diving under pub tables to avoid gunshots, or being poisoned by a jealous percussionist who was replaced by you...

But paying dues? I don't believe they must be paid by negative experience. Practice and playing are enough, I think.

"Playing dues"! Usually, the more we do it, the better we get.
yoni

Postby Diceman » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:00 pm

Yoni,

Trust you are well.
Couldnt agree with you more, all part of life's rich tapestry. I guess eventually you build up a circle of friends/drummers who listen, and you and Abakua are in that fortunate position, I am still working on it. As I said I do have a couple of drummers who are great to work with and if I am asked to get a drummer, I call them first. I am still paying my dues in practice and playing whenever possible and with whoever (percussion pimp!!)
If it doesnt work out, I am on the plane to Sydney or Israel!!!

Take care amigos

Diceman
Diceman

Postby yoni » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:19 pm

Diceman,

There's a lot more musical activity here than other kinds one may hear of, and I could probably hook you up with some fun jamming. If I ever get to England again I'll be sure to look you up, too.

All the best,

Yoni
yoni

Previous

Return to Open Discussion