Song ID - Very hard to find song

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby girlwithnoname » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:39 pm

Hello all.. I'm kind of losing my mind trying to find the title / artist of a song that has almost no lyrics in it. I don't know what year its even from but guess mid-90's. I also don't know if the genre would be classified as 'congo' but I'm getting pretty desperate and am hoping someone here knows what this song is...

I have managed to get my cassette ripped so you all can hear it. Please have a listen at:

http://media.putfile.com/Unknown-Song35

and let me know if you have a clue as to the artist / title of this one!!

thanks so much
GWNN
girlwithnoname

Postby onile » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:53 pm

Alafia Girlwithnoname!
I hope that you are well and in an abundance of blessings!

Welcome to the forum!
I just had a listen to it, and to tell you the truth, it sounds like a mix of Techno/House/Brazilian Carnaval.
This forum has it's own DJ extraordinaire, JC (Johnny Conga), he hosts a radio show on Sat. evenings in Seattle,WA.

Here is the actual spot where the music is being played:
http://kbcs.fm/site/PageServer?pagename=listenlive

I would imagine that he would be able to identify it if he gave it a listen. It sounds however like it was mixed for house music (Disco).

Anyway, welcome and Buena Suerte!

Onile!

Edited By onile on 1130709359
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby girlwithnoname » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:28 pm

well now.. THAT was the fastest reply-post I've ever received since starting my search for this song. Thanks very much. If our DJ fellow frequents this forum I shall wait for him to come on in and give it a listen!! Hopefully he is the answer to all my hopes & dreams!!!

GWNN
girlwithnoname

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:49 pm

yeh, I concur with onile's comments, seems a fusion/mix of techo/house/dance with brazilian cuica and associated percussion grooves.

I think Ive heard this song before at a festival I once played at... But sorry, cant pin point the artist/DJ responsible for it.

Good luck searching! :D
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:07 pm

This tune may have come out of Europe as they are still programming music like this for the club scene...I don't hear that stuff anymore here in the States, maybe on South Beach,Miami...but the tune may be a bit dated also...like Abakua said maybe from the early 90's ....to me it sucks!....anybody can "program" music......."JC" Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby girlwithnoname » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:52 am

thanks JohnnyConga... *pout* ... am getting progressively more frustraged... would you have any further ideas where I might search for this / post about this??? any suggestions at all would be highly appreciated.. from ANYONE!! :-)~

GWNN
girlwithnoname

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:09 pm

First let me "WELCOME" you to the Best forum online concerning Drumming....you will find the answers to a lot of your questions here..Tell us a bit about yourself...Where do u live? Have u studied with anybody?..How long have u been playing" Do u play or just love the drum?...peace..."JC" Johnny Conga... :D ...sorry I couldn't help u anymore concerning that programmed music.... :(
JohnnyConga

Postby girlwithnoname » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:22 pm

hey, thanks for the interest. I'm in Vancouver Canada, I haven't studied with anyone, just an avid music fan and collector (mostly obscure stuff, not necessarily drums, but am definitely into songs with heavy beats, as you can tell).
thats all I've got really!! :-)
GWNN
now, back to our original programming... ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ABOUT THIS SONG??!?!?!? I'm verging on major insanity over here! hee hee
girlwithnoname

Postby Charangaman » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:28 am

Sounds like something by Dj Dimitri out of Paris, but cannot verify..Sorry..
Charangaman

Postby girlwithnoname » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:06 am

found it.

Beat In Time 'Too Hot (marimba mix)'
girlwithnoname

Postby onile » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:25 am

Alafia girlwithnoname!
I hope that you are well and in an abundance of blessings!
Yo! you gotta share, how'd ya' track it down?

I'd hate to think of the odds against you succeeding, when you didn't even have a name of the artist, nor song title.
Great Job! either way.

Many blessings!
Onile!

Edited By onile on 1132370775
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Return to Open Discussion