Congaplace Rocks !! - general ranting of appreciation

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby captainquinto » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:15 pm

Hello forum members!

just got back from a couple of weeks lost in Canyonlands, Utah ... it's very good for the soul to go on occasional "walk-abouts"
away from all the noise and clutter of civilization - the Clave sounds incredible off the canyon walls, too!

Anyway ... got back and, after e-mails, came straight to Congaplace. I am always amazed at the continual positive
input and learning taking place here! I went to Congahead to see the Samuel Torres video that was discussed
and found a veritable gold mine - let's just say that I've been getting to bed late with eyes tired from watching all those fantastic clips!!

Huge congrats to ABAKUA w/ Pepsi and everyone else who is performing on a continual basis and keeping the dream alive!!

JC ... congrats on getting more film done for the DVD / CD - put me on the list brotha' !!

Onile ... You have been a solid force of enthusiasm and positive energy since arriving on this forum. Your constant
sincere blessings inspire me. Let's get together soon! Check your PM's for e-mail / phone numbers.

franc ... mucho ache' back at cha' !! (say that fast 3 times)

Peace to you all, Alafia, Salamu iwe juu yenu, pace totale !!

Darin :)
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
captainquinto

Postby onile » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:55 pm

Alafia Abure Captinquinto!
I hope that you are well my brother, and that you and all of my drumming brothers on this forum find yourselves in many blessings! May you all also find yourselves surrounded by loving family and friends this holiday season!

Abure Cap'n Q! Adupue (thank you) for the kind words! I received your PM and will contact you this week, if not sooner. We are hoping to organize a bembe here at my humble abode, you are one of the invitees that first came to mind! I will keep you informed as it develops, we must however consider family and the holidays, but hopefully we can all find time to meet nonetheless!

I certainly hope that you had a wonderful time away and now that you are back will continue to post as you have in the past! I just received a phone call from another friend of mine "brassman" who will be at the bembe, so I invited him to this forum. Hopefully he will be able to navigate through the registration and get here unscathed! :D

Many blessings Abures!

Love, Respect, and Peace to all!

Onile!

Edited By onile on 1132516683
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:55 pm

Many thanks my brother from another mother! :D

This place does rock. Humility of its members and their willingness to unselfishly share is what makes this place great.

Getting away from it all is great for the soul.
With my Rumba quartet (who are also 3 of my closest friends) and a few other friends (also from my band) we regularly try to get out and go camping out in the middle of nowhere. Rumba sounds fantastic bouncing off mountain walls or echoing off a river pass or on a secluded beach.
Unfortunately due to the amount of gigs we do and the frequency that they come in at, it is difficult for us to go away for a weekend as we are normally booked with the band.

Good to hear you have a nice break. :cool:

Edited By ABAKUA on 1132527439
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby captainquinto » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:41 pm

hey guys ... thanks for the warm welcome back.

Onile - I'm honored that you thought of me for the bembe. I would be very excited to join you
(in a newbie, nervous sort of way!) :laugh:

One of my favorite bembe tunes, so far, is Mongo's "Yroco" off of Drums and Chants.
At the start he lets out a great laugh, "Alafia, AH HA HA HA HA, Alafia"!!

Abakua - hard to believe you have any time at all! :D
glad to hear that you are able to commune with nature on occasion, though.

Hope everyone has reason to give thanks this season and that all your travels are safe!
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?
captainquinto

Postby rumbaman » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:43 am

Gentelmen and i mean gentelmen , may you find yourselves and your kinn in good health . This is a great place , b'cause of the great company that is here . I want to thank all of you for making this a great open and trully honest place to come and post our feelings and experiences about what we love .

truly rumbaman :D
rumbaman

Postby rumbaman » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:31 pm

Hey guys you know what makes this a great place , i just helped out someone who needed help finding a teacher ,wow . That is a great feeling , and at least i could put my input into it. That feels good .

rumbaman :cool:
rumbaman

Postby onile » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:16 pm

Great Job Rumbaman!
You Rock!

Suave!
Onile!
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby rumbaman » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:43 pm

Hey thanks onile i realy enjoy your posts .

rumbaman :D
rumbaman

Return to Open Discussion