Starting a Demo CD - Bamboche

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby windhorse » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:35 pm

We've started making a new Demo CD with Bamboche!
Thinking of calling it "Sin Pantelones" -
That's really just joking around about the guys that took their pants off at the Dreamtime show. But, hey, I'm voting for it!

We're first laying down percussion tracks, then layering vocals over it.

Here's a few clips from some of the initial tracks we've started: Two tracks of Mozambique.. You can see how we came in later and added the two bombas.
http://animaldreams.net/cong/cd/mozam.mp3
http://animaldreams.net/cong/cd/mozam2.mp3
http://animaldreams.net/cong/cd/palob.mp3

Comments are welcome,,
Dave
windhorse

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:40 pm

Without Pants huh? ..hahahahaha....Ok for me the Palo tune was the best..very tight rhythmically and u can make out the "melody" of the patterns. As far as the Mozambique cuts...I feel the drumming sounds slightly "cluttered" without enough "definition" between the parts. Where did you guys learn this particular Mozambique?.....there are only 2 of you on the cuts playing the drums, right?...Or one person doing it all?.."JC" Johnny Conga....
JohnnyConga

Postby windhorse » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:07 am

[quote="JohnnyConga"][/quote]
> Without Pants huh? ..hahahahaha....Ok for me the Palo
> tune was the best..very tight rhythmically and u can make > out the "melody" of the patterns.

Yeah, thanks,, I can't wait to put the vocals on that. We've got some interesting beautiful songs to put over the rhythm.

> As far as the Mozambique cuts...I feel the drumming
> sounds slightly "cluttered" without enough "definition"
> between the parts. Where did you guys learn this
> particular Mozambique?.....there are only 2 of you on the
> cuts playing the drums, right?...Or one person doing it
> all?.."JC" Johnny Conga....

Thanks for speaking up JC! Yep, I can see the cluttered thing as well.. Its two guys yes. One is playing the lead on two drums, and the other is playing a songo-like root on the other two drums that we were taught to by the Munequitos.
Actually, the whole thing comes from them. We've been shown probably 4 different ways to do Mozambique from other sources, but we will always resort to what our teacher David has written from his visit from the Muniquitos years ago. Anyway, these guys are totally showing off and playing all kinds of tricky little variants that they've channeled. I can't at this point afford to be too critical of their showing off, as I can't play it nearly as well as that myself.. I was playing a bell on that song.
Perhaps the disjointed feel won't be so prevalant once we get the song layered. I don't know,, but it's fun to get back in the studio and create!

Edited By windhorse on 1155270021
windhorse

Postby windhorse » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:44 pm

Here's the idea I'm trying to promote with the guys about the final product. Bamboche - Sin Pantelones.
Yeah, it's just a demo CD, but I love to have fun with things.. So, How about this? All 10 or 11 of us standing nude on stage facing the Dreamtime audience. I'm sure we could superimpose a rear nude shot of us onto the stage without too much trouble. I just think it would be hilarious...
Doubt if they go for it, but it's fun to imagine.

Dave
windhorse

Return to Open Discussion