How many of you have been endorsed by a drum company

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Re: How many of you have been endorsed by a drum company

Postby niallgregory » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:52 pm

I have some good news coming soon regarding endorsements . Will stick up some photos when all is confirmed .Exciting times :D
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:41 pm

Well I was one of the first to endorse Pearl congas and had an endorsement for 13 years with Pearl..I am now Endorsing Volcano percussion...Pearl didnt do much for me when I was with them as they concentrated on the "in the now" guys...versus someone with a 40 year history...u would think it would be the other way around...JC

DSCN0083.JPG
JohnnyConga

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:52 pm

Through a deal I have with the distributor here, I have endorsed LP since about 1999, I have gone through LP Patato's, Matador wood, Galaxy fibreglass, Classics, Palladiums, Galaxy Gio (wood) and back to Classics.
I got the drums free (exchange with previous model) ie trade in old ones, get new ones, and on any new purchases I get approx 70% off for myself and students I bring in.
I got a set of 3 cradle stands, awesome sturdy solid stands. They weigh a fokin tonne, but I collapse them down and have them in a suit case with wheels so I aint lifting them etc.
The most recent deal was swap over from Classics to Palladiums when they first came out, endorsed them for a year then traded them in for Classics again.
Couple of Chekere, LP Gen III bongo, LP bells, 2 x Dark wine colour Classics (3 golpes & tumba). Not long after, I got the call that another 3 golpes had landed in the same colour as I had, but when i went in to pick it up I noticed a Giovanni Galaxy second hand but in brand new condition which someone had sold to them which had a mule skin on it, it sounded amazing so I went with that one! Didnt care they dont match. The 3 drums sound great together. 8) Also got Protektion Racket cases all round.
Also done reviews on Pearl Folkloric model, Pearl Bobby Allende, Poncho Sanchez REMO, TOCA Sheila E series, LP Eddie Montalvo series, and many others as part of my deal, Im also required to do clinics periodically and have also supported touring artists with their clinics.

ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby Garvin » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 am

Nice head on that Galaxy Abakua. Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I assume you find those to be good drums for contemporary gigs. I can get a conga/tumba brand new right now for about $540 US.

Back on the subject. I think a good point to illustrate in this thread is exactly what the difference between being "sponsored" is vs. being "endorsed" or "endorsing" a company.

I have friends who have various deals. Some differ greatly, even within the same company. For instance when it comes to product replacement, or what they are required to have even if they are being supplied backline gear. Seems like something you want to be very confident about before you ever say yes. Kudos to you Abakua for standing firm when it comes to your sound. It doesn't surprise me in the least that LP is a good company to have that kind of relationship with.
Garvin

Postby niallgregory » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:50 am

Took delivery of a beautiful selection of cymbals today from Sabian :D A varied selection including the picante el sabor hand cymbals that are AMAZING when played with even the little finger .They are the only cymbal for the hand drummer out there imo . Its great to actually endorse a product you really love . A great day for me :P
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby Dicemanb » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:28 pm

The Sabor El Picante rocks!!
Dicemanb

Postby burke » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Congrats Nial!

They are right in my backyard so to speak (well one province over).

Any plans to visit the factory someday?
Burke
burke

Postby niallgregory » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:17 pm

burke wrote:Congrats Nial!

They are right in my backyard so to speak (well one province over).

Any plans to visit the factory someday?

Cheers Burke . I hope to be touring the usa and canada with Sully erna in the new year so a trip to the factory is definitely on the cards . Will have to organize to meet some of you congahead folks when im over :D
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby Roka » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:38 pm

niallgregory wrote: the picante el sabor hand cymbals that are AMAZING when played with even the little finger .They are the only cymbal for the hand drummer out there imo .

I'm looking for ones, but I've seen the crash only (the picante el sabor). Have they the splash ?
Roka

Postby niallgregory » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:37 pm

To My knowledge they only have the 2 crashes 16 and 18 in the hand cymbal range .
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby Dicemanb » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:38 pm

I've only seen a 16 and 18 inch also
Dicemanb

Postby niallgregory » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi Folks ,

Wanted to share the good news that my endorsement with Toca percussion is official . Check out my profile :D http://www.tocapercussion.com/artists/gregory.html
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby tamboricua » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Congratulations Niall, y que continuen los éxitos!!!

Abrazo,

JG
tamboricua

Postby niallgregory » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 pm

Cheers Jorge ! I am enjoying the drums big time !
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:36 pm

I was one of the first to be endorsed by PEARL percussion,which i was for 13 years, and currently endorsed by VolcanoPercussion.com for almost 4 years and counting...
JohnnyConga

Next

Return to Open Discussion