Equipment donations

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Equipment donations

Postby KidCuba » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:39 am

I am an assistant principal at a middle school within Los Angeles County.

Last year, one of our teachers started an informal music club where kids would jam on guitars, sing, etc. Through donations the teacher has three acoustic guitars, twe electric guitars, an electric keyboard, an amp, and a few mics.

Kids come in at lunch, before school, and during after-school to jam and play.

If anyone on the board has old musical equipment, especially percussion, they would like to donate - let me know.

Once again this is a grass roots movement to supports students musical interests in a fiscal and political enviornment which has pushed music in schools to the fringes of the educational landscape.

I would be willing to pay for any shipping, if you have something to provide.
Triple Pulse Conga Practice- http://www.larumbero.com
KidCuba

Re: Equipment donations

Postby pcastag » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:52 am

Welcome to the club! I'm an AP at a high school here in Houston, check with some fo the foundations out there like VH!, Mr. Hollands opus, I was also able to get a set of congas from LP right after katrina, we had a large influx ( 200) of evacuees in my school and I was teaching an after school percussion program at he time. Never hurts to ask! Maybe some fo your local music stores would consider donating as well. Good luck! Kids need music in schools!
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby Anonimo » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:00 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Postby KidCuba » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:18 am

Thanks for the information gentlemen.

I will let you know how it goes.
Triple Pulse Conga Practice- http://www.larumbero.com