New guy - intro

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

New guy - intro

Postby GregNoiz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Hi all~ just wanted to inroduce myself. I'm a long time garage band drummer (since the early 80's). I also play a bit of doumbek, djembe and tabla. Over the years I played my little Gon Bop quinto occasionally as needed, but I am only now finally getting around to giving the conga drums some real attention. I have a set of vintage glass Slingerlands and my eventual goal is to (properly, or at least somewhat properly) learn enough to have some fun with these drums. ~Greg
GregNoiz

Re: New guy - intro

Postby shor » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:56 am

Welcome, enjoy the threads and learn with the comments of experienced drummers.
shor

Postby bongosnotbombs » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:03 am

Welcome to congaplace Greg. Hope you enjoy learning the congas. Vintage Slingerlands are a very cool drum. I think you better show us some pics!
bongosnotbombs

Postby GregNoiz » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanx, this looks like a good place to pick up some knowledge and tips. Here's a photo of my drums. A bit battle scarred but no issues with the playability. I feel lucky to have found these for what I could afford to pay right now. I've regretted selling my Gon Bop almost from the day...
congas b.jpg
GregNoiz

Postby Anonimo » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:52 pm

POST REMOVED BY THE AUTHOR
Anonimo

Return to Open Discussion