In Search of a Song

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

In Search of a Song

Postby DJBakan » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:53 am

Hello to All,

I feel kind of dumb asking this question but I do not have other choice. I hear a few years ago a song that I liked a lot, it was in yahoo videos even before youtube. Then I hear the same song in Hialeah in one of my aunt's neighbors but I was to shy to go knock the door and ask about that song, I thought that I will hear it again but nothing.

The song is similar to this one "Havana City - Los Van Van" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ7w2OcaT5o
It has the same vibe, cuban style rhythm very similar to that one, slow tune. The problem is that maybe is the same song but I just remember it different. Or it was played by different musicians.Who knows...
If any one knows a song similar to that one, or might know the song I am talking about please let me know.

Thanks

DJBakan
DJBakan

Re: In Search of a Song

Postby jorge » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:35 am

That is a pretty unique song by Van Van, I never heard another song like it. The English coro, electric guitar solo, timba bass lines, chord progression and general laid back sound make it pretty likely that that was the song you were listening to but are not remembering it the same.
jorge

Postby onile » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:11 pm

It sounds a bit on the "Charanga" side of cuban arrangements....

You might consider listening to some Orquesta Aragon to find your song.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DxlSGFewG0

buena suerte!

It might help if you remember some of the lyrics, or the coro of the song......
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:35 pm

There is a Cuban band out of Texas called NRG(New Rhythm Generation) they have a version of "Havana City"..that may be what you heard...the band is smokin too!...JC
JohnnyConga

Return to Open Discussion