HR El Piernas Maracas

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

HR El Piernas Maracas

Postby Derbeno » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:28 am

Any one knows how to buy these?

Also, there is Colombian brand that looks very similar called La Nueva Generation Percussion at same price range.

Anyone knows if these sound and play the same as HRs?
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Re: HR El Piernas Maracas

Postby The Voodoo » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:34 am

I believe you can find them on ebay.

A couple months ago, I purchased a pair of La Nueva Generation maracas, made by 1A Percussion in Columbia. They have a fantastic sound and I love them. Compared to the LP Macho maracas I was using, the 1A maracas appear to have more fill and the fill is more uniform in size. As a result, they sound crisper and more "full." I also like the balance and feel of the 1A maracas. I was so pleased with the 1A maracas that I bought a second pair a couple weeks later as a gift for the singer in our band who frequently plays maracas. My 1A maracas are made of rawhide and are painted. At least when new, there is some dust or tiny particles of worn-off fill that escapes from the stitching holes where the rawhide halves are sewn together.

I have no personal experience with HR maracas, so I cannot compare them to 1A. The 1A maracas are superior, however, to all the LP rawhide maracas that I have owned.
The Voodoo

Postby Derbeno » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:45 am

Many thanks
There is a guy "Rincon Music" in NJ selling 1A on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_a ... c=50&rt=nc

based on your input I will take the plunge
Derbeno

Postby The Voodoo » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:53 pm

Yes, that is who I purchased my two pairs of 1A maracas from. He is a good seller. I hope you like your purchase.
The Voodoo

Postby Derbeno » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:34 am

Also bought a Guiro, arriving next week.
Cheers!
Derbeno

Postby jorge » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:56 pm

I just ordered a pair yesterday, will get them in a few days. Let's compare notes next week re: sound, build quality. Rincon Musical is a huge Latin Music retailer with stores around NYC and internet division, excellent reviews as internet seller.
jorge

Return to Open Discussion