Money stolen by Spirit in the Wood : Conrad Kubiak

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Money stolen by Spirit in the Wood : Conrad Kubiak

Postby Fabibi3791 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:38 pm

Hello !

I would like to explain to all of you to not making business with Conrad Kubiak from Spirit in the wood drums.

Honnestly I am wondering if thisguy is not a big time waster.

I passed an order 2 years ago for a bongo set...(and honestly with two other makers it takes between 3 and 6 months...) I never have any call from this guy...I always have to call and call and call him again just to know if the order was on creation or not....and I never get any answer....
And during the last year he just never retrun my phone call and never get back to me....What do I must think about this company and this guy...!???

He steal me 350$, and he steal also Maya Virgo, and also Serenity Hayabusa up to 3 500$!!! for a conga set that he probably never create !!!

You can see that easily on his facebook page, in the section visitors publications.

If anybody knows about him, if anybody already experiment some problems with this guy, please do not hesitate to contact me via this forum.

Thank you very much in advance.
Fabibi3791

Re: Money stolen by Spirit in the Wood : Conrad Kubiak

Postby Greensail » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:04 pm

Fabibi,
I am sorry for your loss. If you note this forum, last year I posted a similar experience with Conrad. I know a few others on this forum report a different experience, however that is not my case and obviously not yours. He not only STOLE my sizable deposit for a set of congas but he outright LIED to me directly on numerous occasions when I called him. He is a very dishonest man.
If any other members have advice on recourse, I am willing to listen. I try not to dwell on the loss and move on however it pains me still.
Greensail
Greensail

Postby Lobo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:38 am

I communicated with Conrad from 11/6/2014 until 11/6/2015 about a set of drums I wanted him to make for me. I sent him a $1,500.00 check for half-down, which he received on 11/10/2015 (and promptly cashed). We continued communicating via phone and email, always with him telling me that he was still back-logged and hadn't started yet. I was laid off from my job and finally had to ask him for my deposit back, on 2/7/2017. I haven't heard from him since 12/19/2016. His phone goes immediately to voicemail, his website has been suspended, and he hasn't responded to either emails or snail mail letters. I don't want to take the legal route, but am really getting worried that I may have to. I hope to hear from him soon, because I really got to like and respect him a lot in the time that we were communicating. I hope that his health is still good, and that he is just traveling overseas or something, but at this point nobody seems to know anything. If anyone has any information about his situation, please post it here, for all our sakes.

MJL
Lobo

Postby Lobo » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:39 pm

Update to my last post:

On September 13, 2018 I showed up at Conrad's house, after driving from Arkansas. I waited around until he showed up and introduced myself. He was shocked and a bit shaken, expecting that ,"If I ever saw you show up here I figured you'd have a gun". I assured him that I was not there for anything except to work out an arrangement and to get my drums, if possible. He invited me inside and we talked for an hour or so. He explained that he had been injured in a fall and suffered a "brain injury" which really destroyed his life. He seemed physically fine now though, if perhaps very listless and despondent. Then he told me a story of how he believed that he had been "spiritually attacked" by a woman he met, and some of her acquaintances. They apparently "robbed" him of his power and energy, while he was recuperating from the head injury, after he was released from the hospital. He eventually broke free of their "spell" and influence but has never worked since, and feels terrible about all the many people he still owes money to.

I told him that he is a very strong spiritual warrior and is a creature of the Light. His energy has infused countless instruments, which are still bringing joy to many people, and that's a LOT of good karma. Negative forces cannot harm such a spiritual warrior unless he allows it to happen by giving up. I urged him to get back into his work again and regain the strength of spirit he once had. I told him that I did not wish to pursue legal means of repayment; I just wanted him to make me a special set of beautiful congas, as we had agreed years ago. He then promised me that he would strive to get back in the game again, and regain his ability to work. I invited him to come visit me when he felt able, and he promised to stay in touch.

I left and continued on up to New England where I had other business. I have not heard from him since, despite having cc'd him on about two dozen emails to friends. I suspect that his performance, his story, and the whole encounter was a sham; an excuse to just get me out of his life again ASAP. I feel sorry for him, and for the man he could have been. Whether it was too many drugs, or too many personal defeats, or whatever the reason, he appears to have simply given up on his life, and that is truly sad. He was once a gifted artist, and he brought into this world a ton of beautiful instruments which made, and are still making, thousands of people happy. It's a great legacy and nobody can take that away from him. Selah.
Lobo

Return to Open Discussion