New to congas, interest in Afro-Latin and Caribbean styles

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

New to congas, interest in Afro-Latin and Caribbean styles

Postby KalindaChevere » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:52 am

Hi mycongaplace forum community! I have just purchased an LP Matator conga and a tumba. First I just want to say thanks to the community here for providing so much great advice which lead me to my first conga purchase (which I’m very satisfied with) and for helping me begin to understand congas. I did not have an account before but the threads I read and studied helped me a great deal.

The next step for me is to connect with percussionists interested in Afro-Latin and Caribbean rhythms in my area. I live in Jersey about half way between Philly and NYC. I can attend activities in New Jersey and as far as Philly and NYC.

If anyone knows of any group lessons or activities in this area for the Afro-Latin and Caribbean rhythms please let me know. I would like to get connected and learn.

Or if anyone on the forum who lives in the area wants to start a practice group with me to jam on rumba and eventually the many other regional Afro-roots and popular rhythms let me know.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to hear from the community.
KalindaChevere

Return to Open Discussion