Happy Holidays

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Happy Holidays

Postby Greensail » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:11 pm

So anybody get any new drums for Christmas? I found a really good deal on a Gon Bops Alex Acuna tumba.... couldn't pass on it. Not played one before so hope it's nice. Hope I can sneak it into the room and hide it among the others without the wife saying "geez, another drum? Really?" In the interest of full disclosure, most evenings, she typically offers "Maybe you should go play your drums for a while." Love that woman.
Greensail

Re: Happy Holidays

Postby Chtimulato » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:26 am

This is something lots of us know...

« What ? New congas ? Again ? But you already have some ! And so many !
- Yes, but these ones are genuine vintage ****. And I bought them soooooo cheap that it would have been a sin not to buy them. It was really THE deal of the century. I'm almost ashamed to have paid such a low price. It was as if the seller had paid me to take them away.
- Yes, but we have no room, you already know. You should sell some.
- Don't worry, I'm gonna bring these in our rehearsing room.
- Yeah, but if your band splits once again ?
- Well hmm… we'll see then.
- And you could sell some to get some room. The brown one you don't use for instance.
- No, not the brown one ! Hell not !
- Then the black one at least.
- Yes, O.K., I'll sell the black one. »

I eventually sold the black one.
Chtimulato

Postby Juaort » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:15 am

So I’m not the only one? That makes me feel good, lmao. I sneak the contraband (Bongos/Congas) into the house by getting home before she does from work. Lol. I have stuff stashed every where in my man cave. I have my eye on a set of LP Rumba Series Congas. I’m currently working on how I’m going to break them IN to the house.
Juaort

Postby Greensail » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:30 pm

Thanks guys. Makes me feel a little better not being the only one. And I'm still looking for a few more vintage drums to come my way. It's a disease I think. My buddy in the band has about 15 guitars - He's got it too.
Greensail

Return to Open Discussion