Meinl congas

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Meinl congas

Postby mtm » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:38 pm

Hi From Morrie [MTM] a brand new Conga learner, never played congas before but saw on market place and how could anyone not buy such great looking MEINL Floatune Quinto/Conga set came with matching LP Bongos. A$500 Australian the lot with stands and looking like brand new. All I have to do now is learn to tune and learn to play. Looking forward to chewing the fat with some of you young blokes [me 78] world wide
Seasons greetings for 2021, cheers MTM
Congas.jpg
mtm

Re: Meinl congas

Postby Juaort » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:16 am

Hey mtm, nice Meinl Floatunes! Enjoy. That’s a sweet set up by the way. Look up “Dance Papi” on YouTube. He’s a great Conga teacher. His name is Edgardo Gambon. I watch his videos on Conga and Bongo.

Best regards, Juaort
Juaort

Postby Chtimulato » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:25 am

Hello and welcome.

I second Juaort's advice : Edgardo Cambon is a good musician and a good teacher. Johnny Conga (also forum member here) too. Both live in the USA and give online lessons.
Since you seem to live in Australia, maybe you also could hook Abakua (also forum member) up too : he lives in Australia.

Stay safe everybody.
Chtimulato

Postby Greensail » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:34 pm

Welcome MTM, Just so you know, there doesn't seem to be many of us on this platform anymore but....the wealth of information is truly incredible. I have literally spent years wading through the archives. In addition to the previous great suggestions, Micheal de Miranda is also an excellent teacher, has many YouTube lessons and breaks things down very nicely. Have fun.
Greensail

Postby mtm » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:38 am

Thanks all, great to communicate and all comments are appreciated, keep well MTM
mtm

Return to Open Discussion