Three Deaths in September '21

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Three Deaths in September '21

Postby Thomas Altmann » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:12 pm

As nobody seems to have noticed or at least announced it:

1. Adalberto Alvarez died on the 1st. of September (COVID).
2. Ralph Irizarry 5th. of September from several serious illnesses. He was born in 1954 (my vintage).
3. Roberto Roena died on September 23. Causes are not known, but he was 81.

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Re: Three Deaths in September '21

Postby Chtimulato » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:29 pm

Yes, Thomas.

May they rest in peace.

I remember Ralph Irizarry lauched a kind of crowdfunding a few months ago. In addition to his serious health concerns, he was even facing expulsion from his home. I spended a little money then. And I also remember he was very disappointed with the few money it brought him and made a video in which he stated something like "I know about 1.500 timbaleros in New York and elsewhere, and lots of musicians too. I've formed and played with a lot of them, and now, they ignore me. Guys, please make an effort". So bad.
Chtimulato

Postby Juaort » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:07 pm

It’s crazy to see these guys go. My buddy in LA is neighbors with Oreste Vilato. It’s insane to see how some of these world famous percussionist that we admire and learn from live and the condition they are now in. According to my friend Oreste also has some serious health issues and broke. I got the opportunity to see both Ralph play as well as Roena. And it was always a treat.
Juaort

Postby Juaort » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:19 pm

It’s crazy to see these guys go. My buddy in LA is neighbors with Oreste Vilato. It’s insane to see how some of these world famous percussionist that we admire and learn from live and the condition they are now in. According to my friend Oreste also has some serious health issues and broke. I got the opportunity to see both Ralph play as well as Roena. And it was always a treat.

Here is Vilato signing a Pan Con Queso 5 Lug Bongo he sold to my Friend.
Attachments
13865186-A80A-4998-83D2-B8376F5D9FEC.jpeg
Juaort

Return to Open Discussion