Suggestion for a FAQ - The "What conga(s) should I buy?" question

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

Postby limberic » Wed Nov 14, 2001 1:06 am

CongaBoard Administrators -

I was wondering ... this question seems to come up in one form or another every couple months, maybe more frequently. And new-comers don't seem to get it that they can delve back into old CongaForum Posts and read all that has all ready been said about the pros & cons of different brands of congas, different size heads, stands or no stands, and whether to buy one or two congas, etc. Just a suggestion.

Anyways, I love this CongaPlace Forum and really get a lot out of it. I'm so glad that you are here.

Peace,
Eric
limberic

Postby CongaMan » Thu Nov 15, 2001 12:35 am

Hi Limberic,
this is exactly what I have planned to do in the next future! I'm just waiting for a stable version of the new software then I will upgrade this forum making some changes. The new software is absolutely great!!: Poll, topick tracker, mailer, may be chat, news, pinned topic, multilanguages ecc......

The first thing to do in the new forum will be to split the Conga Forum into subcategories to make it easier to navigate....
I INVITE ALL MEMBER OF THIS FORUM to help and suggest me on how to set the NEW CONGA forum.

Let's start with this:

Each forum relates to the conga forum:
- Technique
- Accessories (mic, stand ecc..)
- Brands, Manufacturers, Shops
- Maintenance
- Books - Videos - CD
and....... :confused:

An example of the new forum is available at:
[url=http://congaplace.com/cgi-bin/forumita/ikonboard.cgi

It's]http://congaplace.com/cgi-bin/forumita/ikonboard.cgi

It's[/url] just a test with the italian version of the CongaPlace Forum... it is not in use.

Bye for now!
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby Bushido » Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:31 pm

limberic and congaman,

How about a forum "Which Conga Should I Buy?" where you can restore all the previous archived posts as locked and just keep the recent threads active? I'm sure these newbie questions get annoying to the regulars.

Just a thought,

Bushido
Bushido

Postby CongaMan » Tue Dec 04, 2001 12:24 am

Hi Bushido and welcome on-board!

If I'm not wrong anytime you add a new post the forum goes on top of the list .... so if you had added your post directly to the old forum "Which Conga Should I Buy?" we would have seen the forum on top of the first page as a recent thread ... (i've to check this but it should be like that)...

The new forum I'm trying to install (anytime I try I find some bugs) has the possibility to pin a topic... a pinned topic stays always on top of the first page until unpinned and has many other features to help an easy search and navigation through the forums.

I will try to install it again as soon as possible...
Keep in touch!
Bye
CongaMan
Site Admin

Return to Comments and Suggestions