Congaplace Community

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

Postby Laurent Lamy » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:38 am

I want to make a proposition.
We are many musicians in the Congaplace community. Of all the countries !
It would be good to be able to communicate in a community chat room.

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... P_0258.JPG
Laurent Lamy

Postby Kari-Matti » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:32 am

This could be a good idea, but it's bad if the whole conversation moves to the "live" chat room.

I think it's great that here in the forum people can read the messages that are years old, but in chat the messages don't last. This could lead to a situation where, everyday some newbie would ask the same question and more experienced would frustrated of answering the same questions. this is allready happening in the forum, since people don't use the search option. and I'dont mean that you should'nt ask, that's probably the best way to learn things, but people should use the search.

my post went a bit offtopic, but the main things is, that my proposal is, that there would be a FAQ page, where people could look a solution to their matter, before starting a new topic.
Kari-Matti

Postby sabrosona » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:50 am

I couldn't agree more.. plus a chatroom would end up beeing used for chit-chat... no point in it is there?
La música empieza donde se acaba el lenguaje.
sabrosona

Postby CongaMan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:32 pm

http://www.congaplace.com/chat/
you can find a chat room here to use....
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby dvon » Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:43 pm

Great thing CongaMan. Thanks!

I´m curious about one thing. This is a great site. Did you built it and maintain it buy yourself? What's the story behind the development of the site?

Anyway, thanks for the Chat Room, and thanks for the wonderful site you have developed.
dvon

Postby CongaMan » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:19 am

Sorry Dvon but i've seen your post only now and I've time just for a quick reply... as soon as i can i will happy to tell you congaplace's history more deeply .... yes, i have developed this site by myself... one day i decided to re-organize all my music papers (rhythms and excercises) using my computer and i asked myself: why don't sharing everything with other congueros around the world using a web-site? ... now congaplace has reached more than 1.000 visitors per day (a lot to me!!) and people can exchange expirience with the forum and sending stuff to me... i think that this is absolutely GREAT!! The italian forum is now very well frequented and we are organizing the first congaplace "event" in italy (food and wine and percussion jams!!) :D .... all this things makes me very happy! on the other side i'm facing few problem to handle the entire site (ITA ENG) on my own... always very busy at work... 2 sons = NO TIME... any help would be very appreciated ;) ... anyway i'll hope to talk sonn again to you but now i have to go.... thanks for everhything and let's keep in touch!!!
Congaman
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby GuruPimpi » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:39 pm

Hey!
Where and when in Italy this gathering of Congaplace will happen?

Grazie,

Primoz
GuruPimpi

Postby pandeiro_12 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:06 pm

The gathering was on 26. and 27th of febuary(yesterday) in Umbria,Italy.
goran
Samba
pandeiro_12

Return to Comments and Suggestions