Rumba Venues in the USA and Europe - A Section on Rumba Venues

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:31 pm

Hello ..the brother on the left in this picture is a long time friend of mine from the Bronx. I gave him his first drum and put him on the road to playing. He has performed in NY city for the past 30 years with a Host of Artist's including Dave Valentin-Tito Puente and others....I am proud to call him "My friend and brother--his name is Wille "El Russo" Everich...of Russian extraction....and one of the baddest "rumberos" in the
Bronx....."JC" Johnny Conga.... :D

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... an0001.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby ralph » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:39 pm

THATS WILLIE!!!
Let me tell you i am glad you posted that picture Johnny, i got to chat with Will at a tambor when i went to NYC in June, super nice guy...whats best he's been playing so long, but seems to be such a humble cat, and definitely a rumbero de verdad...ukranian rumbero at that....
by the way who are the other two cats in the pic??

Edited By ralph on 1126809645
ralph

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:37 pm

In the middle is our "passed on" brother "Chano" who would give me and Willie a helluva time playing...WE both miss him dearly..the other brother I do not know....'JC" Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby ralph » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:34 pm

and that is a nice conga he is playing, looks like Chango's axe, if i'm not mistaken...
ralph

Postby SVSRUMBERO » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:05 pm

Here in Denver, Co at Blackberries in 5 points we have a rumba circle on Tuesday nights. Aside from rumba we get into Merengue Haitiano, Makuta, Comparsa, Bembe.....
SVS
SVSRUMBERO

Postby ABAKUA » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:12 pm

ralph wrote:and that is a nice conga he is playing, looks like Chango's axe, if i'm not mistaken...

Very nice quinto indeed. And no my friend, you are not mistaken. It is a representation of el Machete.

Edited By ABAKUA on 1127924669
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Comments and Suggestions