forum on street performance - where , how. why?

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

Postby clownmanus2000 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:07 am

Im loging on to see if i can find some advice on New Orleans im due there durring dec. and wanted to hang out in the street and jam , see my topic title and topic discription for ideas,
clownmanus2000

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:38 am

As far as I know there is NO street drum "jamming", just good ol Norleans Jazz....u might want to look up Hector Gallardo...he is a local perc. there......if u find him tell him I said HI!...."JC" Johnny Conga....
JohnnyConga

Postby clownmanus2000 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:49 pm

Jconga,
thanks for the info. i neglected to check this forum before leaving "BUT>
did find a voodoo store that was apparenlty a hangout for some voodoo drumers,
the website is http://www.voodooshop.com,
i was asking for info on Bata drumers, but was not sucessfull.
clownmanus2000

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:06 am

Well the person for Bata in New Orleans now is Bill Summers, who is a member of the band Los Hombres Caliente from New Orleans, where he also has a gig at the local University......."JC" Johnny Conga.... :;):
JohnnyConga

Postby clownmanus2000 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:53 am

JohnnyConga
before you direct me to check your profile for your bio stats. i wanted to put down "on the record" this guy has unusual qualifications as a percussion expert- historian,
JohnnyConga i speak . of, lets see what his profile has to offer.
thanks man, New Orleans was a great releaf to my soul. even durring harsh"cold" weather i managed to find street musicians and networking contacts for lodging , soupkitchens, and social support, not to mention tactics for putting out the "hat" in various sections of town, i may become one of you "soon" I had very minimal sensations of being on the verge of police harassment, which was a delight, its fun being scared of criminals for a change,"humor:?" haha
clownmanus2000
\
oh yea
http://krishna.tv/Merchan....ode=MRD

I may have posted a similar post but i was interested in Bata and Mrdanga similarities, technique wise, i have a love for the Mrdanga and these fiberglass drums have amazing tone, i am partial to fiberglass as my posts might suggest.
would Senior' JohnnyConga wish to recite what is known to him on this subject.
clownmaus2000
clownmanus2000

Postby congamyk » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:51 am

man i love the sound of that mrdanga drum. we have a krishna group that plays on the streets here in KC and they sound great. You can hear the bottom end of that drum for blocks.
congamyk

Return to Comments and Suggestions