Hilton Ruiz in a coma

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

Postby OLSONGO » Wed May 24, 2006 11:54 pm

A brotha just send me some info about the Latin Jazz Piano player Hilton Ruiz as having been in an accident in New Orleans , can anyone confirm this? Many top congueros have played with Hilton.
Lets pray.
Amor,paz y rumba.

OLSONGO

Edited By OLSONGO on 1148535536
OLSONGO

Postby maelopr » Thu May 25, 2006 12:42 pm

Yes it's true. News here in Puerto Rico say that he supposedly was attacked, probably robbed...Here's an artical from one of the main newspapers in PR:

Hilton Ruiz Article

I will have him in my prayers.
¡ ECUA JEY !
maelopr

Postby OLSONGO » Thu May 25, 2006 1:19 pm

Yes I got more info, it does look like he was attacked.
His wife Aida and two kids are by his side.
What a sad thing, 'cause he is a very talented man.
I pitty those who did it.
Man this FN world is F..d up.

Teach your kids right, the only answer.
OLsongo
OLSONGO

Postby franc » Thu May 25, 2006 11:20 pm

yes, sure is!!!be praying for his recovery. may the highest divine bring him back, pronto!! for his family and friends. we need him in the latin jazz scenes ''que asi sea''!! which means ''amen'' my best to all and take care!! franc
ibúkún,ire,
Franc ♪♪
franc

Postby congamyk » Fri May 26, 2006 1:28 am

Hilton Ruiz was an influence on me whan I started playing sax. His funky soul-jazz style and ability to draw people into his groove was amazing.

May God bless him and his family through this tragedy.
congamyk

Postby RayBoogie » Fri May 26, 2006 10:42 am

As I understand it, Mr. Ruiz is in a coma. Please pray this talented musician.
RayBoogie

Postby OLSONGO » Fri May 26, 2006 4:18 pm

Some said he was punched in the face, he's been in the East Jefferson General Hospital since May 19.
JC you know is like tell the same story to 10 people and the 10th person will tell you something totally different.

Amor , paz Y rumba
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri May 26, 2006 5:02 pm

the News I just typed up is the RECENT news as of today from New Orleans newspapers..."JC" Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby tamboricua » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:31 pm

Congaforum,

Very sad news coming from New Orleans this morning. Que Dios lo tenga en la Gloria!

Hilton Ruiz

JG
tamboricua

Postby OLSONGO » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:45 pm

Man que perdida, This morning I was editing some videos, and I ran into a performance of Hilton on BET, had Richie Flores on Congas, John Benitez on Bass and some other cats.
Hermanos tremenda rumba que se ha formado en el cielo.

Amor, Paz Y Latin Jazz con Hilton en el piano, Mongo en las tumbadoras, Tito en los timbales, 'chacho que rumba.

OLSONGO
OLSONGO

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:35 am

For those that may not know Hilton Ruiz has passed on today....."JC" Johnny Conga....
JohnnyConga

Postby akdom » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:34 pm

Hola todos

Que lastima, que desgracia...

B
akdom

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:40 pm

WEll more info has come in that Hilton Ruiz was beaten by 4 white men, who suppossedly were pissed off at Mexicans taking non union jobs in New Orleans, and they thought he was one of them....The beating is on VIDEO and they have gotten away cause Mayor Nagin and city officiales are NOT doing their job....for those that can, I recommend that you place a CAll into the Mayors office in New Orleans and 'DEMAND JUSTICE" FOR HILTON!....HERE IS THE NUMBER TO CALL...1 504 658 4900...I HAVE MADE MY CALL AND DEMANDED JUSTICE FOR HILTON...."JC" Johnny Conga....
JohnnyConga

Postby OLSONGO » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:30 pm

Yes I made my call, this is just an example of how slow they react in that town, again. Estoy que hecho humo por la nariz.
There is no place for biggots in this world, pass the word around.

Amor, paz y rumba... is that so hard.
OLSONGO
OLSONGO

Postby pcastag » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:22 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:WEll more info has come in that Hilton Ruiz was beaten by 4 white men, who suppossedly were pissed off at Mexicans taking non union jobs in New Orleans, and they thought he was one of them....The beating is on VIDEO and they have gotten away cause Mayor Nagin and city officiales are NOT doing their job....for those that can, I recommend that you place a CAll into the Mayors office in New Orleans and 'DEMAND JUSTICE" FOR HILTON!....HERE IS THE NUMBER TO CALL...1 504 658 4900...I HAVE MADE MY CALL AND DEMANDED JUSTICE FOR HILTON...."JC" Johnny Conga....

Pathetic. What a disgrace. that town can rot as far as I'm concerned. I teach high school here in Houston, and we got a bunch of students from New Orleans. Poor kids, so undereducated, you can't believe that they came from schools in America. It's a disgrace.
PC
PC
pcastag

Next

Return to Comments and Suggestions