Rythem patterns to songs - Rythm patterns to song

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

Postby salpica » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:28 pm

Hello all,

First off, CongaPlace.com is a great learning tool.
Now, I would like to know if a topic section could be devoted to beginners on how to play/figure out certain parts/patterns to songs. As a beginner it is often very difficult to hear the conga parts with all the other instruments playing. Especially the softer more subtle strokes/hits. I know there are some more experienced players who will say that struggling to hear a part is part of the learning process and will help develop your ear. As a guitar player with over 30 years experience I have to agree that figuring tunes out off of CD's, LP's, etc... is very helpful. But on the other hand if the tougher parts could be given to you, you can become more familiar with certain sounds and patterns faster. I don't think the real enthusiastic players will be asking the more experienced players to figure out every little part for them. If you really like the instrument, you're going to figure out most of the tunes on your own. But sometimes you hit a wall and can't figure out the tune. I've seen some patterns spelled out for certain songs for beginners through out the forum, but I thought maybe it would be easier for everyone if you could go directly to a specific page, link, or whatever. And then once those beginners get better they help the next batch of newbies.

Thanks to everyone,
Salpica
salpica

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:35 pm

Vaya Salpica ...WELCOME TO OUR FAMILY OF DRUMMERS!....I would be more than happy to help you in anyway I can.. I fu have a PC Camera thru MSN msngr we could do soemthing online if u like ...Other than that i can try here...also be on the look out for my New Learning DVD,s "CongaRobics" The Johnny Conga Way, to be released soon....so what would u like to start with?...."JC" Johnny Conga.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby akdom » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:49 pm

Hi there

Welcome to the forum

Johnny, remember my project about the percussion website?

It had been delayed but will be completed someday.

I would love to link your dvd method when my site is up and running.

B
akdom

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:54 am

We can try i guess...."JC" Johnny Conga... :D
JohnnyConga

Return to Comments and Suggestions