Regional Forums on the CongaBoard

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

Postby PRDRconguero » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:18 am

Admins,

This has already been mentioned, but I want to echo how well a regional section of these forums would work, and be received.

For example, I can meet/communicate with other people on this board in the NYC Metro section of the board, or something to that effect.

A good example of this is Craigslist.

This would work great for the purpose of meeting for jam sessions, trading/purchasing gear, and general socializing. If anyone agrees, please reply to this thread. I think it would bring people together more easily.
PRDRconguero

Postby tfunk » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:26 am

Sounds good to me, I'm in Harlem. Let me know the next step.

Peace,
tfunk
twm
tfunk

Postby CongaMan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:06 pm

Hi PRDRconguero,
you mean i should create a single forum for every city/area?
Let me know better what you have in mind so we see what can be done on the forum to improve communications among us...

Thanks for the suggestion!
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby ABAKUA » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:40 pm

Due to the size of the current membership, I actually think it would seperate the forum too much.
The members of this board are from pretty much every corner of the globe.
It is not solely a US board, we have members based from the Middle East, English, Hawaiin, Eastern Euro, Asian, Australian, Italian, French etc etc.
We welcome new ideas here, but I would be against regional forums at this stage.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby onile » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:06 am

Alafia Abures!
Happy New Year and I hope that you are all well and abundantly blessed!

One suggestion to Abure PRDRconguero's idea might be to create a "regional members" search in the "search option, although I don't know that it currently is used in the member identity option on a consistant basis.

The other answer would be for the individual member interested in getting together with others in their immediate area to just create a topic for such. Just like the members in San Diego did to get together out there.

In either case, I do hope that you are all well!

Many blessings!

Onile!
Que Nsambi les acutare pa' siempre!
onile

Postby windhorse » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:52 pm

I like the search function idea!
Also, another board I used to be on had a map of the globe with pins where members lived on it. You could click on a country, and it would zoom in to a state or province, then to a city, and it would include the member's name with a link to their profile.
I'm sure that kind of thing is avanced and expensive, but the effect was to give folks a nice way to find others in their general area.
windhorse

Postby umannyt » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:23 pm

ABAKUA wrote:Due to the size of the current membership, I actually think it would seperate the forum too much.
The members of this board are from pretty much every corner of the globe.
It is not solely a US board, we have members based from the Middle East, English, Hawaiin, Eastern Euro, Asian, Australian, Italian, French etc etc.
We welcome new ideas here, but I would be against regional forums at this stage.

I totally agree with ABAKUA!

The Internet has helped make the world more and more a global community of brothers and sisters (as it should be) and borderless (as it truly appears out there in space).

Why shrink it now?
umannyt

Postby Chupacabra » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:03 am

If it improves the possibility of meeting more people in my area who are willing to dedicate a few hours a week to practise on a regular basis, even if it is for nothing more than the enjoyment of playing, then I am all for it. I can appreciate the concern about cliques forming which would defeat the purpose of having a forum in the first place. Is there anywhere on CongaPlace that has a breakdown of where everyone is from, like on myCongaPlace?
... --- ... ... --- ... ...---...
Chupacabra

Postby Quinto Governor II » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:27 am

onile said:
"The other answer would be for the individual member interested in getting together with others in their immediate area to just create a topic for such. Just like the members in San Diego did to get together out there."

I agree with onile here. No need to recreate the wheel - IMO.
Yambu
Quinto Governor II

Postby davidpenalosa » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:50 am

I'd just like to add that I really love the global aspect of this forum. I know all the conga drummers in my area, so it's not an issue with me. As long as the international aspect continues, I'm happy! :)
-David
davidpenalosa

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:17 am

davidpenalosa wrote:I'd just like to add that I really love the global aspect of this forum. I know all the conga drummers in my area, so it's not an issue with me. As long as the international aspect continues, I'm happy! :)
-David

Exactly! Its the international aspect of the forum which makes it so appealling and different from other similar boards.
I think the idea of a regional section would seperate the forum community too much.
My thoughts anyway.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby akdom » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:31 pm

yes, global is fine...

I do not want to upset anyone, but just remember that the US is not the world and some of us will have absolutely no use of a regional forum..

I leave in France, in the 06 department, what can you do for me? lol.

B :D
akdom

Postby davidpenalosa » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:17 pm

akdom wrote:the US is not the world

Lucky for us, you speak English! :)
-David
davidpenalosa

Postby bongosnotbombs » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:40 pm

In a way this board is already split up into two regions..

on the front page Italian and English.

I wonder what they get up too on that version, did you know it is not called the "Congaboard" but is call "Tam-Tam board"

I found this thread interesting because it has a lot of cool pictures.

http://www.congaplace.com/forum/ita/index.htm

Who knew congas were so popular in Italy! All good!

Edited By bongosnotbombs on 1199907672

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... tamtam.gif
bongosnotbombs

Postby Congadelica » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:12 pm

bNb Thats link is no good It just give you the main page of the forum , and its all in Italian ??? . Id like to see these cool pics .

Just for the record Im for leaving as is global is cool with me.

Ive seen some pretty good vid of the Tam tam boys get toghethers type in You tube Congaplace you will see these video from our Italian Brothers .

Marco

Edited By Congadelica on 1199909576
Congadelica

Next

Return to Comments and Suggestions