Has anybody seen my Videos? - videos

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:56 pm

Hi guys I have downloaded a couple of videos on the Conga Camp page and wondering if anybody is interested in them or not???.......Im waiting to hear from you.....Johnny Conga....
JohnnyConga

Postby burke » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:27 pm

Hey JC {"JC won't you talk to me zanna hozanna hey super star!" sorry couldn't resist}

I thought the split hands exersize was very cool and I plan to try it out later.

My most wonderful girl just bought me the 3 volume set of Tomas Cruz and I'm in rudiment heaven! So I'm a bit distracted.

Keep it comin Bro.
Burke
burke

Re: Has anybody seen my Videos? - videos

Postby vinnieL » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:12 am

Of course you know i have watched them! :D
vinnieL

MUSICIANS BILL OF RIGHTS...

Postby JConga » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:53 pm

The Musician's Bill of Rights

Whereas, musicians, in addition to being artists, are also human beings entitled to human rights, and workers entitled to workers' rights, therefore let it be self-evident that these rights shall for now and forever include:

1. The right to enjoy a minimum wage, whether derived from live performance, royalties, or reuse, that is sufficient to provide a standard of support proportional to the entire investment of time and resources required to secure and perform said gainful employment.
2. The right to safe and healthy working conditions including protection from health threatening theatrical devices, demeaning and exploitive costumes or uniforms, excessive sound pressure levels, substandard travel arrangements, ingestion of second hand tobacco smoke, irrelevant recorded music before performances and during intermissions and the right to reasonable rest periods.
3. The right to quality education, health care, legal protection and representation, housing, financial services, child care, unemployment benefits and retirement security, all of which must be affordable within the economic limits defined by the minimum wage.
4. The right to equal employment opportunities based on musical qualifications and/or entertainment value regardless of race, ethnic background, age, gender, religion, cultural diversity or political affiliations.
5. The right to negotiate fairly on one's own behalf with universal recognition and legal enforcement of resulting contracts on agreed terms.
6. The right to free speech as defined in the U. S. Constitution Bill of Rights and applied to all musical performances and/ or recordings.
7. The right to ownership of all intellectual property rights as applied to compositions, performances, and recordings by all players and singers as well as leaders and publishers who are already protected.
8. The right to bargain collectively.
9. The right to freedom from discrimination.
10. The right to respect from society, equal to that afforded all other workers and professionals are also entitled to the same rights in exchange for the respective contribution of time and materials to place their work in society.
JConga

Postby ABAKUA » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:49 am

11, The right to move to another country :lol:

Reading your post man, really shows me just how good we have it here.
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Re: MUSICIANS BILL OF RIGHTS...

Postby umannyt » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:40 am

JConga wrote:The Musician's Bill of Rights

Whereas, musicians, in addition to being artists, are also human beings entitled to human rights, and workers entitled to workers' rights, therefore let it be self-evident that these rights shall for now and forever include:

...6. The right to free speech as defined in the U. S. Constitution Bill of Rights and applied to all musical performances and/ or recordings.

These "Musician's Bill of Rights" are a great start! I'm a big proponent of such rights.

However, I have to frankly state that ironically no. 6, the so-called "right to free speech" (not necessarily as defined in the U.S. Constitution Bill of Rights), is not even allowed within our very own CongaBoard Forum.

I and, I believe, others have been reminded, time and again, that "freedom of speech" in this Form is "merely" a privilege and not a right. Therefore, how can we expect others to acknowledge and respect this right when we ourselves can't acknowledge and respect the very same right with respect to our very own fellow members/subcribers?

Is it a case of being "able to dish it, but not being able to take it", as it's often true with human nature, or "either shut up/put up or leave"?

Can some try to reconcile these 2 apparent contradictions and help me understand?

Thanks in advance,
umannyt

Postby Congadelica » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:54 am

Manny .

You are ofcourse correct . but AFAIK no constitution has been passed for global policing of the Inernational WWW and its community .
2nd while we the people are conditioned to think we are free , the truth is a different matter .
So yes contradiction rules apply :D

there aint no us and them its all an illusion we is one of oneness , living in a contradictory world . Im sure you are aware of this :D

I find it very interesting at times how people from differnt countries have different perception of reality .

Keep it real

Marco
Congadelica

Return to Comments and Suggestions