Dario (Omelenko) on Congas - No le Pegue A La Negra

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

Postby Omelenko » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:32 pm

This is a group I play with here in Miami, a town with no gigs, maybe we paly once a month. The group is "Vista Alegre Club". I'm just doing straight tumbao on a salsa tune. It's hard to see my congas since I'm playing seating down, I'm playing my Skin on Skin cherry wood.

"A Esa Negra Se Respeta, No Le Pegues"

Dario :D
Omelenko

Postby OLSONGO » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Dario ,
Mi hermano yo esto aqui en Tampa. I have been to Miami and what is happening with that town y la musica latina, and Tampa es nada especial.
I am Colombian and growing there , and I am talking 1 - 12 I would hear my ants and uncles say that when you went out to a club it had to be live music because theres is nothing like it. Recorded music was for the house, during sensus; otherwise someone played the guitar with pots and pans y se formaba la fiesta. The demanding standards de nuestra gente have gone down. And what is this that all you hear in that town is promo for the Estefans and Arturo. Mi hermano I know very good musicians in Miami who should be gigin more , but they end up living. Like our bro. JC.

Olsongo

Paz Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby OLSONGO » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:16 pm

Dario ,
Sorry it repeated itself
Olsongo

Edited By OLSONGO on 1202318599
OLSONGO

Re:

Postby KING CONGA » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:12 pm

Omelenko wrote:This is a group I play with here in Miami, a town with no gigs, maybe we paly once a month. The group is "Vista Alegre Club". I'm just doing straight tumbao on a salsa tune. It's hard to see my congas since I'm playing seating down, I'm playing my Skin on Skin cherry wood.

"A Esa Negra Se Respeta, No Le Pegues"

Dario :D

Omelenko i dont see a video link for your video :cry: Im interested in seeing it could you please post it again? thanks.
KING CONGA

Re: Dario (Omelenko) on Congas - No le Pegue A La Negra

Postby Victorius » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:34 pm

Victorius

Postby b0ng0 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:08 am

are u serious? what a joke, the group sucks, theyre playing with a show track, Dario isnt even playing the congas, its already recorded! he's doing a straight march while the tumba is being heard on the track, the drummer is a joke, who told that lady she could hold or even play the maracas?? wow no wonder that group only gets gigs once a month...
b0ng0

Postby goingquinto » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:44 am

Takes some balls to post a vid of yourself conga-synching (like lip-synch) on this site, that's for sure. I'd rather hear moderately OK conga playing than a pre-recorded track. I'm kind of harsh sometimes, but I'd probably heckle someone if I saw it happening live.
goingquinto

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 pm

i too am not a fan of playing along with traks..i do know it's done a LOT.. the first guy i saw do it was Larry Lopez..who can sequence a whole latin band ,but he could at least play piano and sing...he worked 7 nights a week...for many years like that...it is a thing that i also saw happen at Calle Ocho with the bands...rather than hire sound companies they would use back traks ...while the whole band is on stage playing to the traks...that is a major problem for years in Mi-a- mi...
JohnnyConga

Postby pcastag » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:19 pm

I do gigs with tracks A LOT. Fridaysand Saturdays at restaurants, me and a guitar player. Gotta work baby, nobody's hiring 7 piece bands these days.
PC
PC
pcastag

Postby Omelenko1 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:20 pm

As l, Iong as at the end of the night there is $130, I could care less.
Omelenko1

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:52 pm

there is always a controversy ...play along with traks...WE know for latin music it's like WTF?...BUT..looking back at all those gigs i did with traks in Miami bands, I was happy to be playing AND make some money along the way...to me IMHO if your a player(one who makes a living out of performing) is one thing, and the guys who are the weekend warriors are another..I have been both, and still am...I have met many many GREAT players in my almost 50 years involved with the music and quite a few are not professionals, but yet can play there asses off!...and never cared to make a living out of it...If I was coming up today..I don't know if I would want to become a musician...it's a tough nut today, and I feel for all those 'undiscovered talents' that are just playing at home or in neighborhood bars and clubs, without a place to go with that talent.....when you can become an ITT tech and make your $80,ooo grand a year...or an Accountant and just play when u can...just thinking out loud here...
JohnnyConga

Postby OLSONGO » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:20 am

Like they say you have to take the thorns with the roses. Currently there are some big stage acts with incorporated tracks in the show, I know of a drumer with a big Smooth Jazz act where he is the triger man to kick off the tracks , Is just another tool ...it all depends, how it is used to the point that is not overkill and the art does not suffer.

Peace
olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby juancho » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am

Can someone get me a list of sites I can get play along tracks for latin salsa?
tks
juancho

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:25 pm

Rebeca Mauleon put out a 24 trak play along CD..just the rhythm section to play along with...
JohnnyConga

Postby juancho » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:55 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:Rebeca Mauleon put out a 24 trak play along CD..just the rhythm section to play along with...

Gracias Juanito
juancho

Next

Return to Comments and Suggestions