Just had to say it !!! - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

Postby OLSONGO » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:42 am

Can someone please explain this one to me, I don't know if you saw the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2008 , I just saw a replay and after the award to Gumble and Huff the sound of Philadelphia... an act came on with a woman conga player and in such an event, she was playing Gios practice conga heads. With all of the beautiful congas crafted by artisans in America , with all the fine commercial congas they lower themselves to THAT !!!!!! PLEASE!!!! And I don't care if you say that they sound fine miked, I find it of bad taste and low class to insult the identity of something that I love so dearly THE CONGA DRUM, pass the word . We don't stand for it. :angry:
Shame on you , who allowed that Sh--t on stage.

Paz
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby Mike » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:44 am

And I don't care if you say that they sound fine miked, I find it of bad taste and low class to insult the identity of something that I love so dearly

I´m with you, Olsongo, there is NO excuse for that whatsoever!
I´d go a step further and I say the conguera did not play a musical instrument. It was rather like a trap drummer using practice pads...
I shake my head in disbelief.

What might come next? Imagine: songs by Michel Camilo being played on Bontempi? A brass band playing on hose pipes? :D

Edit: sorry I had to erase my printing errors that occurred due to rage... :;):

Edited By Mike on 1205572511
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby OLSONGO » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:03 am

I was wondering if she requested them or the event directors decided that they where lighter to carry on stage.
But what can we say for people that took decades to indite The Ventures and the Dave Clark 5 , but where rather quick to indite the queen of bubble gum music Madonna. :p

Paz
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby zumbi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:14 pm

what about business interests, my dear family?
this world, under the leadership of america, is ruled by the almighty dollar, don't you all know this already?
don't you think how many compact congas will be sold as a consequence of such a high profile exposure?
most people are ready to sell their soul for more or less dollars, why shouldn't be selling the beautiful wooden body of a tumbadora and its noble history in favor of the latest product to push?
i don't think there's any practical, or even less, musical reason involved here. i didn't see the show but i guess it wasn't a problem to carry on stage stacks of heavy guitar amps.
those kind of events have hundreds strong crews: i don't think carrying on stage 2 or 3 tumbadoras would have been any problem :D
peace & blessings
zumbi

Postby OLSONGO » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:29 pm

The instrument with the strongest tradition and spiritual content and it has to take a back seat with insults.
Just proves to show you the lack of cuth many people in todays society have. Most music the gets the recognition sucks, musicians sell out for fake gold and a pack of condoms. But not me and many of you on this forum , we will carry the flag and hold our integrity as to what is the root to excellent music.

Paz
Olsongo
OLSONGO

Postby zumbi » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:37 pm

brother olsongo,
don't worry with them: those who use the music for earthly gain, will not prosper.
those who betray the spirit of the drum to build their ego and their bank account will get no healing from the drum and will never be at peace.
the world masters still fear the powers of the drum and that's why they try to take it away from the people giving computers and drum machines in return...
or (at best) comfort rims with a plastic head :laugh:
peace & blessings!
zumbi

Postby Chupacabra » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:09 am

Theory:
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame gig - NYC
Luggage and instruments - Bogota, Columbia
???
... --- ... ... --- ... ...---...
Chupacabra

Re: Just had to say it !!! - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

Postby vinnieL » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:10 am

I'm sure it could have been easily arranged to have real congas there for the solo!
vinnieL

Return to Comments and Suggestions