conga bands

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

conga bands

Postby ponceno48 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:44 am

hola, I need some suggestions i want to paint my timbas but i dont know what to do with the bands, some body told me if i remove then is going to be hard to put then back????????????
ponceno48

Re: conga bands

Postby Congarranza » Wed May 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Wow! Nice tumbadoras, first and foremost! Those drums have beautiful grain patterns. Whatever you want to do with your drums is up to you. I would not recommend you remove the bands, they were out on there by a true professional. I can only suggest removing tuning hardware. Before you begin to paint make sure you spend ample time masking the bands to perfection. Then do what your heart desires. You will want to spend some time after removing tape to touch up the bands to have the cleanest lines. Good luck, and post more pics!
Congarranza

Postby bongosnotbombs » Wed May 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Yes, I believe it would be difficult for you to get the bands on as tight as from the factory. Especially when you add paint to the drum. Paint has a thickness to it. Replacing the bands is likely to scratch the paint as you put the bands back on. The blue is a beautiful stain on the drums why do you want to change it?
bongosnotbombs

Postby ponceno48 » Thu May 17, 2012 11:34 pm

thanks all i just want to paint my timbas cuz are some scratches i want to remove
ponceno48

Return to Comments and Suggestions