At what time(s) do "new posts" become old posts?

It's only thanks to your help if we can improve our web-site so ... leave a message here!

At what time(s) do "new posts" become old posts?

Postby jorge » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:19 pm

I often use the "View New Posts" function to see posts that have been added since the last time I visited the site. I imagine others do the same. Frequently I post a new post in the evening (NYC time) and within minutes or an hour, the "New Posts" have been wiped and there are no "New Posts" to be viewed. Will one of the moderators please let me know how many times a day the "new posts" get changed to old posts, and what time(s) this is done?
It is very annoying when you post something and most people don't see it because it rapidly gets thrown in with the old posts.
Thank you.
jorge

Re: At what time(s) do "new posts" become old posts?

Postby jorge » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:32 am

Bump
jorge

Postby jorge » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:51 am

Double bump.
jorge

Postby jorge » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:26 am

One more time. Tracking to see how many times per day the "new" posts get wiped out and reclassified as old posts.
jorge

Postby Derbeno » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:06 pm

If i am on travel or busy and don't log in for a few days, all the new posts are there.

I am pretty sure that new posts stay there for you but it is the active post that expire
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby ABAKUA » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Saludos, basically, "view new posts" is different for every user.
When you login, and click on view new posts, it will show you all new posts since your last logged in session.
So if you login, and select, it will show you all threads which have new posts etc, you log out immediately and log back in and you will have no new posts.
And if you log back in after a while and there have been no new posts, it just means there has been no activity since you last logged in.
Hope this helps
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby jorge » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Thanks Abakua and Derbeno for your responses. It doesn't seem to work quite like that for me, however. If I view a new post and then manually log out and back in, the post is no longer in the "new" post group. However, I usually have the forum board automatically log me in when I start up the forum. If I then view a "new" post and close down the forum and re-start it without manually logging out and back in, the post stays in the "new" post group. It seems to get moved out of the new post group into the old post group after some period of time, sometimes a few hours but sometimes just a few minutes. That is what I find puzzling.
jorge

Postby burke » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 am

If for some reason I've had to log out before reading all new posts and there is something I wanted to look at that is no longer 'new' because I logged in and out ... what I have done is look at 'active posts'. That basically shows stuff people have been posting in the last little while.
Burke
burke

Return to Comments and Suggestions