Anyone in Michigan play/teach?

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Postby hoofbeats » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:21 am

I have a set of lps coming in the mail, and I'd like to learn how to play em. I haven't seen anyone on this site from michigan, but someone must be out there. I'm buying a teaching book and cd, but nothing replaces a real teacher (or even another player). If you live in the port huron area or near, let me know.
hoofbeats

Postby Garvin » Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:29 am

I live in Gaylord and would be happy to get together to show you some basic stuff... There are a couple of incredible congueros in the Ann Arbor area... I can't for the life of me find their contact info right now though... Feel free to message me. I come downstate every month and could easily work something out.

I've been playing congas for about 5 years and also play drum-set, and djembe (seriously)... I am not a shredding rumbero, but I feel comfortable with folks just starting out in terms of teaching technique, tumbao, guaguanco, mozambique, timba, bembe... The basics.

Edited By Garvin on 1193020731
Garvin

Re: Anyone in Michigan play/teach?

Postby Seneferu » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:28 am

This is coming ten years too late, but there are beginning African drum classes being taught at Detroit Unity Temple in Detroit, Michigan. The teacher as over 33 years playing experience and plays djembe, dunun, conga, and other African percussion instruments. Call 313-345-4848 if interested. Ask for Gerri Hardaway-Stone.
Seneferu

Re: Anyone in Michigan play/teach?

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:33 pm

One on One ONLINE LEARNING WORKS!...i have been teaching around the world for over 25 years and over 11 years ONLINE...You too can learn from me...read what others have said about their individual experience with me here on Congaplace...I have over 53 years of performance (Santana, Eddie Palmieri, Gloria Estefan, Sergio Mendes, The Jackson 5 and many more)...I teach New skool and Old skool the Cuban method as well as my own...email me if interested johnnyconga@hotmail.com..here are a few that have coem to me Online... Gary 1.jpg[/attachment]
gERHARD ONLINE.jpg
Dan 1.jpg
Aaron Daniels.jpg
Attachments
Gary 1.jpg
JohnnyConga

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!