CONGA CAMP - Study with Johnny Conga

A new project has been started, everybody is invited to partecipate .... visit the forum to view more...

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:03 pm

hi all,,
Its Dave Day here(SEE PHOTO ABOVE),, i was visiting seattle for a month and unfortunately my time is done
and im back in Ireland,, i had a great time in seattle and would like to thank everyone who
emailed me with info about drum stuff that was going on,,, ye are all lucky to have such an
abundance of things going on in your city,, I would like to give a big thanks out to johnny
conga who was putting me through a crash coarse on conga s,, he is an amazing teacher
and very patient and serious about his work,, i also was blown away by his knowledge of
music and he could probably be described as a historian ,, i found that in a short time i
have learned so much from him and im very gratefull to have met a teacher like him,, its a
pity we dont have a johnny conga in ireland....

FOR THOSE THAT MAY BE INTERESTED PLEASE READ ALL THE ABOVE...GRACIAS/THANK YOU.....PEARL ARTIST-JOHNNY CONGA
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:58 am

If i may I also have to thank JC! what a great educator this man is! JC has also taken a huge amount of time out to help as well. I can't say enough about JC he's been a great friend and teacher to me. JC is tough man no playing around when it comes to playing! He's been keeping me honest.....VinnieL...
JohnnyConga

Postby ticoloco » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:28 am

hello jhonny. i'm rodolfo from costa rica. me podrias mandar el precio del workshop por favor.
gracias.
que viva nuestra musica LATINA.
mi numero es el 408 306 8745. whem posible i prefer to talk, my typing skills not to good. :D
ticoloco

Postby niallgregory » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:53 am

JohnnyConga wrote:Here is my latest CC/I Student...David Day from Kildare Co. Ireland, he spent 3 days with me at my home studio..."JC" Johnny Conga... :D

Hey JC !

Small world man .I know Dave , played a gig with his african group over the summer :D How was his conga playing ?
niall gregory
niallgregory

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:32 pm

Here is the man that got me started and gave me my first fiberglass congas...Mr. Henry "Hank" Fields at the age of 70 and still playing today!.....HIS GRASSHOPPER....Johnny Conga... :D

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... FIELDS.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:23 am

Here is my Newest student/friend Derick Benoit and me in my home studio for his "Conga Intensive".....Johnny Conga.... :D

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... -JC_DB.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:05 pm

I am accepting NEW "Conga-Camp/Intensive", attendees. Derick above was my most recent "attendee". He will be posting his "critique" of his time with me. So if anyone is serious about attending please email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com, for the details.....Gracias/Thank you- Pearl Artist-Johnny Conga... :D

Attachment: http://mycongaplace.com/forum/eng/uploa ... _mrt13.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:14 pm

http://myspacetv.com/index.c....3763648

sorry if its a bit blurry , need one of those Newer cameras...but u can follow the hand from shuffle to slap shuffle to tone....let me know wht u think,....Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby Derbeno » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:49 pm

Johnny’s Conga Camp Review - December 2007

I decided to attend JC Conga camp to brush up on my technique, exorcise bad habits and learn some new tricks and rhythms from a seasoned pro.

It was an intense yet thoroughly enjoyable week with instruction am and pm followed by ample time for solo practice in the evening.

Suffice to say that I departed a most satisfied customer.

During the period Johnny zipped up several years of instructions allowing me to video record all of it thus I can unzip, practice, reference and review at in the following months. (click on link below for an example)

Johnny concentrated on my technique quickly fixing quite a lot of issues with minor adjustments to my posture, sitting position and hand placement. On joined my jam buddies last week they noticed how much cleaner and powerful I was sounding with minimal and more fluid effort.

In JC I have met a patient and most competent instructor and gained a friend in the process. I liked his style of putting on some music from his vast vinyl archive when he sensed I was getting overloaded. The desired effect of a quick recharge was most welcome.

I highly recommend JC’s Conga camp to anyone that strives for that continuous improvement and perfection.

Many thanks Johnny and hope to see you in April for the Seattle World Rhythm Festival

My Webpage

Edited By Derbeno on 1199803929
Echale candela, p'afinar los cueros
Derbeno

Postby burke » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:28 pm

well so much for my theory.

I thought it might be so that you could hear what your student was playing better.
Burke
burke

Postby Congadelica » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:25 am

Great Vid JC . gives a good feel of what your doing bro.

Wished I was over that side of the pond :cool:
Congadelica

Postby Congadelica » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:32 am

JohnnyConga wrote:Hasn't anyone seen my short hand exercise video above?....Johnny Conga.....ps what do u think?

Is there a little mano secreta going on n this video ?

Great exercise :cool:
Congadelica

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:49 pm

Here I am demonstrating variations of the "Conga" rhythm used in Comparsas...on two congas used in a "band" setting...The parts Im playing on 2 congas would be played seperately in a Comparsa by 2 different drummers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trEpFgV55Z4

Let me know what u guys think?...Have u ever seen it played like this before?...Johnny Conga...
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:50 pm

Here is a nice split hand independant exercise for those that have never seen this or tried it before....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Vx5us1xg48

Johnny Conga.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby CongaTick » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:03 pm

JC,

SUPER!!! Vids like these (and others) by forum pros are true learning jewels. Thanks for freely sharing.
CongaTick

PreviousNext

Return to The CongaZine