Tips of the Pros - .. who does what, when and how ...

A new project has been started, everybody is invited to partecipate .... visit the forum to view more...

Postby CongaMan » Fri Jul 12, 2002 10:29 pm

Ok,
we have already one or hopefully two Pros who are essential for this project and we hope to see more pros partecipating in the future...

My idea is to build a database and give to the Pros a "Reserved Area" where they can add on their own tips and whatever they think of interest for all of us...

The pros will use a "Form" similar to this one we use here in the forum to submit a post but with the possibility to add audio-files and images....

What I need now to start working on the database is to define exactly the procedure: let's suppose I'm JC and today I want to add to the CongaZine a new "Tips from the Pros".
I go to a special web address (url), log-in and get to the page where I can add the Tip.

What info can I add?
I start putting down some ideas:
1) Title of the tip
2) Text of the tip (unlimited)
3) One or more pictures
4) One ore more audio-file
anything else?

That's all for now and I await your comments and suggestions!!
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby CongaMan » Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:42 am

A question for JC:
Let's say you are working on the Tips from the pros" of this week... what would you prepare for that?
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby CongaMan » Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:56 pm

This is just a beginning to give the idea of what I was thinking of...
Tips from the Pros

Bye... ;)

Edited By CongaMan on July 12 2002 at 21:45
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:22 pm

:D umMM What would I prepare??? I can write a dissertation on how and what makes a musician.But I don't think you want to go that way do you? Prepare the Tips? Or are they based solely on Q and A? Or is it recommendations? Or a combination of both? Just throwing the ideas around. Could it be about styles of playing? History? Notation,Ensamble playing? Types of musicians and what kind are you? Specialty instruments-congas etc,.? I'm here Listening, tell me what you think and is this the way you want to go...... :D At your Service...JC JOHNNY CONGA......ps..Maybe a Tip on "Caring for your Drum"...How to change the heads? What to look for in Purchasing a drum? Wood versus fiberglass. etc........Is that what your looking for??? It took me a second, i was going someplace else with this.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby CongaMan » Sun Jul 14, 2002 4:00 pm

Hi JC,
You have mentioned a lot of things I'm sure many people would be happy to read:

- styles of playing
- Notation, Ensamble playing
- Caring for your Drum
- How to change the heads
- What to look for in Purchasing a drum

The magazines I buy contains always a sort of "Tips from the Pros" where a Professional Musician shows and explains exercises to improve tecnique, solos, song lyric, instrument basic and advanced technique (any percussion instrument), general feeling and other topics related to drums (changing head and so on...).

Let's see what other members of this forum think about....
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby pini » Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:32 pm

Maybe its to late to reply to that post , I dont see it going anyware but most of the topics listed by JC are discussed in the forum in all the categories.

Maybe its possible to enable a way for each member to add image and audio and videos.
I know its expensive in quota meaning but if it can be done and maybe be limitted to some maximum a membet can send then this option will be more used. expecially we will stop using text notation for rhythms. I know i tried to put some images of rhythms but only links to an alive site will work.

pini.
pini

Postby akdom » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:33 pm

Hi guys
One question here
How do you define a "pro"?
I think this section is a great idea, but I think a Q & A might not work... One ca never really find anything very specific, and why doing a Q&A in a forum..?
But first of all, I think this wouldn't be a topic if there were more people in the forum! So spread the word guys, this is a great place!

See ya

Big
akdom

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:33 pm

To me a "Professional" is one who has made a "career" out of what he does for a living. That is one aspect. The other aspect is one who has spent a "lifetime" studying his craft, and has developed his skills to a very high degree and maintains a "professional attitude", in his business and in his music...........JC JOHNNY CONGA... :;):
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:35 pm

Akdom-WELCOME Drum Brother, to our forum. You will a learn a lot here, I know I have....Again....WELCOME....JC JOHNNY CONGA.... :D
JohnnyConga

Postby akdom » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:02 am

Hi yall
Hi JC and thanks for your welcom!
I like both of your definitions of a "pro"
And last, I hope I will learn a lot in here

Big B:)
akdom

Postby Bataboom » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:11 pm

As a noob I think this Tips from a pro Idea would be awesome, and coming from a conga noob it would be very helpful.

As long as the pros dont get so Professional that the noobs cant comprehend it.

Simple things such as what to wipe yur skins with, strokes, hand technique, drum size definitions, to does, not to does, good brands for beginner to innermediate, not so good brands when buying, etc.

This could be a great Idea I know I would find it very useful. Also some sample audio/video tips would be even a GREATER addition to the tips. The noobs need things like this to get um started, esspecially those like me that have to learn on there own.
Bataboom

Postby GuruPimpi » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:36 pm

This is propably some xxx seller s..t.

ModeratorDeletor ACTIVATE! :cool:

Pimpi
GuruPimpi

Postby ABAKUA » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:45 pm

User banned Primoz :)
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby GuruPimpi » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:08 pm

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo......! (Fell in the virtual abyss...)

Please throw my tumbadoras after me.........

:D
GuruPimpi

Re: Tips of the Pros - .. who does what, when and how ...

Postby Ernesto Pediangco » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Hmmmm , the term Pro is like a blanket title for anyone who can actualy make a living / or just get paid for performance & / or teaching, sudio recordings or not. It's all a matter of specialization as well. But, thats the variety that adds to the forums rich posibilities. Congazine is a great idea.
Ernesto Pediangco

Next

Return to The CongaZine