No Avatar Upload

Use this forum to report bugs

No Avatar Upload

Postby CaymanCongas » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:51 am

Hi,
I can't get a picture, or image or avatar of any kind to upload even though I know the file is less that 40 KiB. I've tried like 5 different files even just a text file saying "Avatar" that was a miniscule file. I'm a Mac user and have no trouble uploading pics ever.
HELP!
Thanks in advance and I'll keep trying- maybe just a gremlin...
Peace...
eden
One World _ One Music
CaymanCongas

Re: No Avatar Upload

Postby bongosnotbombs » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:36 pm

80 pixels by 80 pixels is the dimension size requirement. Also I think it has to be a jpeg.
you can try uploading to something like photobucket and the pasting the url link as well.
bongosnotbombs

Re: No Avatar Upload

Postby salcero1 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:13 pm

A forum member named Gallichio has a gigantic avatar posted the largest I've seen to date on this forum. You may want to ask him how he did his. It would then unlock a lot of potential avatars that in the past were rejected by the software imbedded in this website. I use a Mac as well and would like to know the response answer to this particular thread topic. I have a couple of nice avatars I would like to switch up with every now and then.Peace Jorge
salcero1

Postby Anton47 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:20 am

Hey guys. Just upgraded to BP 1.2. Looks great!

I was testing out the upload of a personal avatar and I got the following message:

“Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /var/www/doorqwpmu/wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-core/bp-core-avatars.php on line 281″

I’m trying to figure out where the problem is. Is this a permissions error? Did I encounter a bug with the new install or, since I’m using a custom theme from BuddyPress Dev, is it a problem on with their end?

Thoughts?
Anton47

Return to Bugs Report