Teacher in Seattle,WA

Teachers looking for students and vice-versa can use this forum to post their announcements (please include State, City and Contact infos)

Teacher in Seattle,WA

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Please chek out my Congazine page here at Congaplace and read reviews of my Conga Intensive,and what i offer, and also here is my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyConga
JohnnyConga

Re: Teacher in Seattle,WA

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:56 pm

Guaguanco variations and Bossa Nova variations

http://youtu.be/rv0npWdR7Pk
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Looking for a few New Online students of the drum....here is a partial photo history of those that have come to me over the years to learn how to play the Conga drum and more...email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com if interested..Thank u!....

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ba40b66418
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:26 am

This is what it takes....

Music.jpg
Music.jpg (23.12 KiB) Viewed 7638 times
JohnnyConga

Postby Kaban » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:02 am

I did it! Today I got educated from Johnny Conga himself, he came all the way to my basement in Chicagoland (via the internet).

I have had lessons before; but John is more methodical, scientific, patience, and uses EVERYTHING known to man to teach (linguistics, standard teaching, NLP, concepts, gradual steps, positive encouragement, and demonstrations).

John has a talent for teaching; patiently/gently/nicely pushing you to your limit; I was burnt out after the hour and a half! He also spotted details in my technique that are poor, and things I do good that need polishing. After the lesson, he even gave me a history of a few popular conga players and their not well known practice habits. Today I got a college level, master's program lesson (meaning it was serious and comprehensive). All for the price of lesson from your local park district; in other words very reasonable.

I will never forget what he said, after showing him what I got; "your tumbao is good, but that don't mean nothing, now lets take you to the next level."
Kaban

Postby Jackson_B » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:46 am

I have to agree with you 100% on everything you said, Kaban. Johnny is an excellent teacher. He started diagnosing my problems within the first two minutes. "Chair needs to be two inches higher", "Relax your shoulders", etc. I was worried that an hour-and-a-half was going to be way too long. And to be honest, I was wore out afterwards. But really, the time went by pretty quickly and we covered a LOT. As you said, he nicely pushes you to your limit. He gives you constructive criticism with a dose of praise.
I've just had one lesson so far, but am looking forward to the next one coming up. Definitely a bargain for a top rate instructor.
Jackson_B

Postby Kaban » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:41 pm

"I was worried that an hour-and-a-half was going to be way too long. And to be honest, I was wore out afterwards. But really, the time went by pretty quickly and we covered a LOT" -Jackson B

I am glad you said it JB, I too was worried about the hour-and-a-half, and was tired at the end (he covered a lot). Due to coming home from work at 11:15PM, I can't practice all-out (booming tones); It doesn't stop me, I just have to be creative. I drape a towel over the drum, and practice my time, heel-tip, double rolls, and focus on the exercises given to me to fix my bad habit. I try to sneak in my tone exercises in the afternoon, if my baby is awake. I will be coming back for more, it's a real deal lesson.

Godspeed
Kaban

Return to Teachers&Sudents FINDER!