CONGA CAMP - Study with Johnny Conga

A new project has been started, everybody is invited to partecipate .... visit the forum to view more...

Re: CONGA CAMP - Study with Johnny Conga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:43 pm

New Online conga drum student Mr. Ralph Cobb from North Carolina on his way to a cruise vacation to Alaska, had a one day session with me yesterday for 6 hours..He did a great job. He called me this morning before leaving on the ship that he wants another day with me on his return from the cruise...I can take you to the next level of your playing.. My methods are sought after and recognized around the world..I am accepting new applications for private study with me..Online or in person..email me privately if interested..johnnyconga@hotmail.com...Thank you/Gracias...

RALPH COBB.jpg
RALPH COBB.jpg (9.45 KiB) Viewed 14903 times
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Critique from Ash Sagar above(see photo)..

I just had my fourth lesson with Johnny and from having no previous ability to play congas or really know anything about the genre and instrument, I can now play five tumbao’s variations, four variations for boleros, a couple of afro rhythms along with a whole host of of warmups and rudiments (easily enough for four hours practice a day). He also gave me a lesson on the bongo's and the bongo bell. If I chose to “go at it alone” I’m positive that I would be nowhere near where I am today in playing this instrument. I found Johnny to be a great teacher, always pushing me but never overloading me with information and exercises, giving what I need, wen I need it. I found that Johnny is always open to answering my questions (no matter how inane), replying to a constant barrage of emails with grace and humor. Johnny is very knowledgeable in his field and is forever giving me little tips which I instantly forget (fortunately I record my skype lessons with a screen recorder). I find it painful to give him a (obviously deservedly) good writeup on his teaching abilities purely for the selfish reasons that I don’t want anyone else to have him as a teacher. I’m very glad I made the choice to take lessons over the internet. This way I get to have a lesson with a great teacher and I get to keep a copy that I can review over and over again. Johnny’s lesson rate is also very reasonable. My double bass teacher is £30 per hour whereas Johnny throws in an extra half an hour for the same price. I will be continuing my education with Johnny for as long as possible (if that’s ok with him that is). Johnny is a top teacher indeed. Shame it cost so much to fly from the UK to Seattle. Oh, Johnny is right when he said in my first lesson "I see everything". Damn right he does.
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:11 pm

Any "newbies' here to the Conga drum, and would like one on one mentoring on the drum? I have 47 years of playing and performing experience and teaching for over 25 years...my methods are proven and I can take your skills to a higher level and save you years of learning time as well....email me at johnnyconga@live.com and let's do it!...
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:41 pm

JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:31 pm

Latest student Isaac Chirino from Seattle WA...August 2012...
DSCN0669.JPG
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Latest Student from Oakland CA...Billy Poindexter...August 2012...
Attachments
Billy Poindextor.jpg
Billy Poindextor.jpg (41.61 KiB) Viewed 14671 times
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Latest Conga Camp attendee August 2012, all the way from St. Petersburg Russia-17 year old Ivan Bukhantsova...very talented and should go far in music...
DSCN0668.JPG
JohnnyConga

Postby ABAKUA » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:48 pm

JohnnyConga wrote:
The attachment Gavin Webber.jpg is no longer available

He is mine now! He has come across to the dark side.... 8) :lol:

Seriously though, thanks for referring him to me. He has great stuff to say about you hermano.
Gavin came down to my gig tonight, 4 sets of straight up, heavy Cuban Salsa. We may have scared him a little! LOL. :lol:

I push him to continue your paces while adding more fuel to his fire. He's heading over to mine this Sunday for another lesson.
Attachments
20589618.jpg
20589618.jpg (49 KiB) Viewed 14665 times
ABAKUA
Site Admin

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:02 am

Seguro que Si!..Bro...Tks for keeping him going...I know you will do him right...glad he hooked up with you...he's all yours, now!... :wink:
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:50 am

Now accepting New Online Conga apprentices to intermediate players...i can take you where you want to go on the drum...
here is a photo history of my drum lineage/history and those that have come to me from around the world to study the drum with me.. email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com and we'll take it from there...all you need is a webcam and a home land line for the free call. Lessons are an hour and a half long....We can use Skype or Facebook Chat...

https://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=716750879
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:56 am

Latest Online students of the drum Ken Pouncey from Durham N.C. and Billy Poindexter from San Fransisco
KEN POUNCEY.jpg

Billy Poindextor.jpg
Billy Poindextor.jpg (41.61 KiB) Viewed 14563 times
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:22 am

JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:55 pm

I am offering Online Conga drum lessons, using Skype or Facebook chat..THIS WORKS!..I have been teaching how to play the Conga drum for many years, and now I have been teaching online for over a year. Current pupils in Canada,Australia, Europe and the United States..all you need is a 'land line' phone and be signed into Skype or Facebook chat ...this is one on one teaching with a pro player...for those interested in taking your skills on the drum to a higher level I can take you there, or for those that are just starting out. For more information please email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com...

I am also accepting anyone interested in my Conga Intensive...I have openings at this time...Spend 5 days with me and I will teach you for 6 hours a day..2 in the morning 4 in the afternoon with a break at 3pm..private room and food included in Intensive...(See what others have had to say about their individual experience with me about their own Conga Intensive..go to page one of Congazine)...3 day Intensives also available.....email me at johnnyconga@hotmail.com if interested and for more information..I look forward to helping you on your road with the drum!...
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:33 am

JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:31 pm

I HAVE SOME NEW FREE LEARNING VIDEOS AT http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyConga my video channel...
JohnnyConga

PreviousNext

Return to The CongaZine