Paint Timbales

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Paint Timbales

Postby aelinares » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 am

I'm interested in painting a great style timbales Tito Puento and Karl Perazzo, rather than the design I would like to know what materials and technique used. That paint and coating used to design not ruin the veneering.

I hope I can help.

Greetings from Maracaibo, Venezuela.
aelinares

Re: Paint Timbales

Postby KING CONGA » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Greetings aelinares. It's going to be very difficult to effectively paint timbales without ruining the veneering. If the surface is not properly prepared with a good primer the paint will not stay on, the only way to effectively apply a primer is by light sanding the surface finish, there really is no other way around it.
Check these out, I took these from my recent visit to the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix Arizona.

Be sure to click on the image for a better resolution.
Attachments
2011-11-25_13-44-39_928.jpg
These belong to Eddie Palmieri.
KING CONGA

Postby aelinares » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:03 am

KING CONGA wrote:Greetings aelinares. It's going to be very difficult to effectively paint timbales without ruining the veneering. If the surface is not properly prepared with a good primer the paint will not stay on, the only way to effectively apply a primer is by light sanding the surface finish, there really is no other way around it.
Check these out, I took these from my recent visit to the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix Arizona.

Be sure to click on the image for a better resolution.

Gracias, excelente diseƱo, cuando ponga en practica el proyecto te dejo llegar fotos y experiencias.

Saludos, un abrazo.
aelinares

Postby Mr. Conga » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Very nice picture King konga it reminds me of some of the costume sets that Tito Puente owned, and played in the Grammy awards, and other music award shows.
Mr. Conga

Postby Mr. Conga » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Very nice picture King Conga it reminds me of some of the costume sets that Tito Puente owned, and played in the Grammy awards, and other music award shows.
Mr. Conga

Postby RetroVintageDrummer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm thinking it would best be done to do all of your painting first and then put a clear powder coat over all of it so it would protect it.

AndyG
RetroVintageDrummer

Return to Open Discussion