CONGA CAMP - Study with Johnny Conga

A new project has been started, everybody is invited to partecipate .... visit the forum to view more...

Re: CONGA CAMP - Study with Johnny Conga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 pm

JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:56 pm

ONLINE LEARNING" I am currently accepting new pupils for the Conga drum...I teach online thru Skype, this works!...Current pupils in Norway, England, Belgium, Australia, Canada and the U.S. I work around YOUR time schedule...I can help beginner, intermediate, and also 'advanced techniques'.. the "Cuban" methods and my own developed over 30 years of teaching on the Conga drum..email me privately here or email me at johnnyconga@live.com and take it from there...also please read what others have aid about me and my teaching methods and my personality..most of u that have been here almost as long as I have(1o years now on this site)and know what I bring to the conga drum table...I also want to THANK all of you that have supported my music as well......

CONGA INTENSIVE: it's a 3 to 5 day Intensive on the Conga drum, for 6 hours per day...2 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon with a break at 3pm...Room and food included...access to my CD library of over 400 cd's...I pick u up at the airport and take you back...also we will go out at night to local clubs to see live music or attend any gigs I may have while you are here..If interested in this unique opportunity to study the drum with a pro with 50 years on the drum, this is it!...very reasonably priced for 3 days or for 5...I will even help you to find the cheapest flight to get to me in Seattle,WA USA, where I currently reside..
please private msg me here or email at johnnyconga@live.com...Thank you/Gracias/Modupue/Arigato/Fiel Danke/Merci...
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Well I am now back in S.Florida...and available for private instruction or once again ONLINE instruction on the Conga drum...please read here what others have said about their individual experiences with me...I look forward to helping you on your road with the drum...
JohnnyConga

ONLINE INSTRUCTION - Study with Johnny Conga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:59 pm

I AM AVAILABLE THRU SKYPE FOR CONGA DRUM INSTRUCTION...THIS WORKS!.. IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME ...ALL THAT IS NEEDED IS A WEBCAM AND A LANDLINE..AND IT'S A FREE CALL...I AM IN THE MIAMI/FT.LAUDERDALE AREA AS WELL FOR THOSE THAT LIVE HERE, I PROVIDE INSTRUCTION IN MY HOME..SEND ME A PM HERE OR EMAIL AT johnnyconga@live.com I CAN HELP YOU BEGINNERS AND UP TO INTERMEDIATE(FOR ADVANCED TECHNIQUES ON THE DRUM)....

PS I STILL OFFER MY CONGA CAMP INTENSIVE AS WELL..room and board included in price...
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:07 pm

Here is Mr. Alan Malarky from London England, one of my new ONLINE pupils on the Conga drum..He is now into his 'second' round of 5 lessons..Mr. Ralph Cobb will be paying me another visit from North Carolina for another 'day session' with me here at my home in Ft. Lauderdale and then in Dec. Doug Donaghue from England will also be coming for his "Conga Intensive" with me..for those that are New to the drum or or those that want to 'advance' their skills I maybe able to help..if so please email me at johnnyconga@live.com

Alan Malarky.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:06 pm

2 of my latest pupils of the drum here in Florida..from Cuba, Christian Roldan and from Columbia, Manuel Lozano....
Christian de Cuba.jpg

Manuel Lozano.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:29 pm

I am now accepting New beginners, intermediate, and experienced pupils...I will and can help you on the drum and take you where you want to go on the drum.. I have 50 years of performance history and 30 years as a teacher of How to play the Conga drum...I use SKYPE.COM to be able to teach around the world, with current pupils in Europe, Canada and the U.S. I am also still offering my 'in home' conga drum Intensive..Mr Mark Daspit from Austin Texas will be arriving here in Ft. Lauderdale this Sunday for his week long Conga drum Intensive with me.. 6 hours a day on the drum for 5 days.. He will write about his experience with me once he has returned to Austin.. if interested in ONLINE LEARNING with me please email me at johnnyconga@live.com.... Thank you/Gracias...JC Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:14 pm

This is my most recent "Conga Intensive" attendee from Austin Texas, here at my home in Ft. Lauderdale Florida..Mr. Mark "Rhythm Man" Daspit(my name for him)..He did a fantastic job. He will be writing about his personal experience and critique...Keep "slappin" Mark!...
Mark Daspit.jpg
Mark Daspit.jpg (7.14 KiB) Viewed 17171 times
JohnnyConga

Postby 440ranch » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:39 pm

I just returned last night from a week at Jonny Conga's intensive...
I'm already planning a time when I can go back.
No BS here, it started with JC picking me up at the airport on a Sunday evening, we had dinner at a Cuban restaurant and hit the drums the next morning... For 6+ hours a day! everyday for 5 days.

I have to admit, I thought for sure it would go down something like... He would give me an exercise, and then come back in half an hour while I worked on it. No way... He sat right next to me every hour of every day for the entire week. " sit up straight... relax your hands...breathe...Don't tap the drum, hit it...not enough wrist...get your hand off the drum...mark your time...you're too stiff...

JC is a guy who believes TEACHING is an art form, and he is good at it. He has a system, it's not random, he has thought it thru...He breaks it down so that you are doing something you understand, and you understand WHY you are doing it. A lot of guys can play, but not every guy who can play...can teach. Johnny Conga can do both.

I really felt like it wasn't just a job for JC...he was sincerely interested in me being successful. He did everything he could do to make sure I got the most out of everyday I spent there. Many days, we worked late, no complaint, no reminder that the lesson was over... We went as long as I lasted. And, when we weren't playing, we were watching DVDs of Cuban Rumberos, or listening to Mongo or Puente from records he bought 45 years ago... Awesome.

Maggie is a cheerful, gracious hostess, always smiling, and took a stranger into her house and made him feel comfortable, and welcome. Thank you Maggie.

There is not enough time for me to have been able to learn as much as I learned from JC on my own. It is amazing to me that he was so willing to give me so much of what took him a lifetime to accomplish. I will be forever grateful to JC for giving me that.
440ranch

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:20 pm

Your very Welcome!..and MY pleasure...keep slappin!...
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:05 pm

My next 'in house' Conga Intensive attendee/pupil will be Mr. Ash Sagar, from London England ..arriving on the 18th of this month for his week long Intensive with me.... for those that may be considering attending my 'in house' Intensive please email me at johnnyconga@live.com for more information.... also read the other posts here from former attendees and what they had to say about their individual experiences with me ...Thank you/Gracias!...
Ash Sagar.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:04 pm

One of my new Miami pupils Alain Hernandez
Alain Hernandez.jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Ash Sagar has completed his Intensive with me and is on his way back to Leeds,England....He will shortly write about his experience and what he learned while with me..He did a GREAT JOB!..and got thru a LOT of my course...he is now on his way to become an accomplished Conga drummer.

Ash Sagar.jpg
Ash Sagar.jpg (23.25 KiB) Viewed 16803 times
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Here is Ash Sagar from Leeds, England, having completed his week long Intensive on the drum with me...he did a Great Job!...for more information on my 'in home' Conga drum Intensive email at johnnyconga@live.com
Ash Sagar....jpg
JohnnyConga

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Mr and Mrs. Mark & Diane Savage ongoing pupils from Seattle,WA, will be coming for their 3 day Intensive with me in my home in Ft. Lauderdale,Florida in April... anyone here interested in my 'Intensive" please email me at johnnyconga@live.com... Thank you, Gracias, Arrigato Gozaimasu, Merci, Danke, Grazi...

Mark Savage.jpg
Diane Savage.jpg
JohnnyConga

PreviousNext

Return to The CongaZine