If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Postby consciousnist » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Last edited by consciousnist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
consciousnist

Re: greetings from Germany

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 am

Moin, welcome and bienvenido :)
It is always good to have new, fresh members.
Enjoy this site !
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby JohnnyConga » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:24 pm

Vie getzen zee?...Velcommen!...I hope i said that right....please go to youtube.com and type my name in search Johnny Conga or see many of my videos here at
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyConga I have 70 videos for you to go thru for learning and performances...anything i can do to help let me know.. I also teach ONLINE to Europe and other places...Thank you Johnny Conga
JohnnyConga

Postby Thomas Altmann » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:47 am

Hi Jan,

best regards, see you in the park.

Stadtpark or Jenisch-Park?

Gruss,

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Postby rhythmrhyme » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:24 pm

Hey, I'll be in Hamburg this summer! Is there any sort of park rumba scene there?
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Thomas Altmann » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:33 am

Hi rhythmrhyme,

no rumba, no scene. Just parks.

I'll probably be in town during the summer. Anyway, if you like, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail or a PM. Maybe we can even arrange a rumba, or we can just meet and hang out or jam a bit.

Greetings,

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Postby consciousnist » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Last edited by consciousnist on Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
consciousnist

Postby rhythmrhyme » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:49 am

I've never played in a traditional folkloric Rumba, the local cuban drummers really only want to play for money. I love the rhythms though and have fired many of them up with whoever will agree to play with me. There's been waves of interest out here but the west african thing is far more popular.

a bit of a hijack, but is it a reasonable thought to rent a car and drive up to Copenhagen for a few days when I'm there? Each time I come over I try to get to another country. My significant other's family wants to go to majorca for a "beach holiday". I'd probably be happier getting to know Hamburg a bit and then heading north, I had a great time in spain last time we were there.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana
rhythmrhyme

Postby Thomas Altmann » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:34 am

July is holiday season. Mallorca will be overcrowded with people who want to party heavily. There may be beautiful spots on the island, but not on the beach, and probably not at that time of the year.

In Denmark, it is similar. Danish beaches and Danish villages are wonderful, especially on the little islands; but at that time they will be packed, especially with German families.

Copenhagen is just another big city. Traditionally, it used to have a great jazz scene, famous clubs like the Montmartre for instance. I'm not sure about the Latin scene, but it can only be better than Hamburg. I think Ignacio Guerra lives there.

Same thing as in your town with the Cubans over here. They either want money, or they may show up after two hours, fix a beer and split - at best. Usually I'm too proud to expose myself to those manners. There are some German drummers (no singers or dancers), but the better ones are constantly busy. And as far as I am concerned, I am not going to set up a rumba only to find myself in a workshop situation. I want to have some fun, too.

As a result, nothing happens.

Thomas
Thomas Altmann

Postby consciousnist » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:58 pm

consciousnist

Return to Open Discussion