GIGS

If you don't find a specific forum, post your message here (please read all the forum list first).

Re: GIGS

Postby CongaTick » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:09 pm

Windhorse, at least you and your "undergrounders" are keeping the flame alive and kickin' . I so admire the regular giggers who've found a paying home in any group, and especially am in awe of the restaurateur who accompanies his own singing (a la Vinx?). Shame the public playing has deteriorated in and around your area because of the distraction and interruption of the homeless. I share the study and play ethic on an almost daily basis, and keep an eye out for the opportunity to perform and accompany where and when I'm wanted. I am particularly grateful for the welcome home this forum has provided me for so many years. And though not having contributed substantially to the body of knowledge, have been an avid observer and supporter of the spirit we all share. Keep on, bros, keep on!
CongaTick

Postby windhorse » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:19 pm

CongaTick wrote:Windhorse, at least you and your "undergrounders" are keeping the flame alive and kickin' . I so admire the regular giggers who've found a paying home in any group, and especially am in awe of the restaurateur who accompanies his own singing (a la Vinx?). Shame the public playing has deteriorated in and around your area because of the distraction and interruption of the homeless. I share the study and play ethic on an almost daily basis, and keep an eye out for the opportunity to perform and accompany where and when I'm wanted. I am particularly grateful for the welcome home this forum has provided me for so many years. And though not having contributed substantially to the body of knowledge, have been an avid observer and supporter of the spirit we all share. Keep on, bros, keep on!

Thanks CongaTick! Have enjoyed your posts through the years. Yeah, the "restauranteur" has two main bands he plays with, and is often invited to play in many others locally, including ours. Keep studying my friend! :D
windhorse

Postby windhorse » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:12 pm

Just played a "free" gig Thursday night for our school's Choir concert. I think they payed the pianist who was amazing. I sat in with two other percussionists; local music teachers who are friends with our choir director. The kids were awesome and it was a ton of fun meeting and playing with the two other guys who provided jokes and livened it up out of the spot-light. They played a pandeira, dumbek, and djembe, along with a variety of small hand percussion elements. I played just a conga and shaker. A great time! Parents loved it and the kids were psyched to see me involved in their music. We killed it on the last tune where I let lose with a stick bembe lead, while the other guys played djembes, on their African tune.
windhorse

Previous

Return to Open Discussion