Banner ads

Use this forum to report bugs

Banner ads

Postby burke » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:30 pm

I don't know if there is anything [or any will] to do anything about the banner ads, but here is some feedback.

I know there will be and have to be ads ... no problem. They generally used to quasi related to the site or just boring ads. But now its often these browse Asian/Russian Women ads ... which I find pretty offensive and tacky. What next ... buy Chinese orphan ads?

If the site owners have any control of what ad content we see and can exercise it I for one would appreciate not seeing these.

If not ... no biggy. I'm not gonna leave or anything
Burke
burke

Re: Banner ads

Postby Mike » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:51 am

Just keep in mind that the banner ads somehow reflect the userĀ“s recent browser history...

Seriously, Why do you not simply install adblock?
Works fine.
Peace & drum
Mike

Postby burke » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:34 pm

Blame the victim! ... can't be me, I only surf for martian multi breasted females looking to move to Earth :wink:

Ad block is great and I have used it ... but on my cheapo laptop when I used it before it impacted other stuff [email etc] and then everything took forever to load. Not a computer guy, but I assumed it was a combination of my tiny amount of RAM and/or my slow internet
[I have one option where I live ... technically 'high speed', but most of you big city folks would find it pretty low speed].

I clicked on the ad choices icon on the banner to see if if there was something I could do locally, but the page it took me to was geared towards feedback from the website developer ... which made me think perhaps the owners of congaplace could at least express some sort of preference for the ad types they get on the site.

I know, I know ... tempest in a teapot, nothing to worked up about. And I'm not, but IF there was any small amount of control the owners could exercise and IF the exploitation stuff also bothered them a bit ... etc
Burke
burke

Postby CongaMan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Hi burke,
yes cathegories can be controlled.. I've disabled at least 10 of those like "Asian/Russian woman, Pharmacy, gaming, sex in general and so on..).
They always try to show ads relating to the website content (music and percussions) but if not available they add any type of ads (usually the choice is based, as Mike said, on visitor history and cookies... but it doesn't mean you are a visitor of that kind of websites..

Let's see if it's better now...
All the best
CongaMan
Site Admin

Postby burke » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:50 pm

Seems to be working.

Or maybe its because my wife make me stop shopping for a Russian wife replacement

:)
Burke
burke

Return to Bugs Report